I have not seen her for three years.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

I have not seen her for three years.

Post by David Gordon »

I have not seen her for three years. That changes in a week. Ordinarily I would just lay back and see how it plays but we have only 4 short days together this time. It feels awkward.

We’ve kept it up almost every day but the quality and quantity of our communication has waned understandably. I guess this is our chance to figure it out and say a last good bye or put some more fuel in the tank.

Alas we have so few days together we both may want to just set the adult hard stuff aside and just play in a fantasy again because - life is short.
Stay classy na
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: I have not seen her for three years.

Post by FrankReynolds »

What's her Facebook?
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

David Gordon wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:32 am I have not seen her for three years. That changes in a week. Ordinarily I would just lay back and see how it plays but we have only 4 short days together this time. It feels awkward.
It feels awkward because it IS awkward.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

David Gordon wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:32 am I have not seen her for three years. That changes in a week. Ordinarily I would just lay back and see how it plays but we have only 4 short days together this time. It feels awkward.

We’ve kept it up almost every day but the quality and quantity of our communication has waned understandably. I guess this is our chance to figure it out and say a last good bye or put some more fuel in the tank.

Alas we have so few days together we both may want to just set the adult hard stuff aside and just play in a fantasy again because - life is short.
No point in thinking about it in advance. Just wait and see how it goes when you arrive.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

I'm sure a few of the punters here have seen here, probably recently.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

Darkcel wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:27 am I'm sure a few of the punters here have seen here, probably recently.
Always the douche ..... but I am a fan of consistency ... :bow:
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

I am confused. Is she your betrothed? Boyfriend/girlfriend relationship? A sponsor? Friends with benefits? Or just another client?

The adult stuff is the foundation of a strong relationship (at least to me).

If it isn’t serious there are millions of Khmer women waiting for you.

Or at least dozens in the hostess bars.

Good luck on your journey.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I’m interested whether anyone else has had any similar experience due to covid putting a pause on things.

And to @newkidontheblock I know you’re sincere - I really admire what you’ve been able to accomplish and in some ways I envy that. Good job and best wishes always to you and your lady.

I didn’t want to ignore your post but I also can’t lay out all my personal details here. It’s complicated ofc - it’s always complicated - she was once my betrothed and would have followed me to the ends of the earth. Still she’s coming to visit me elsewhere and voluntarily but who would refuse a free vaycay. Why elsewhere? She can’t deal with me in the context rn of her family and I understand that. Besides she also wants a vacation and staying in her town is not that.

She has refused to label our relationship any more because she says life is hard - we’ve been through a lot - and let’s just try to be happy.

Quite frankly - I choked when it was time for me to pull the trigger and that caused a loss of trust on her end. I returned home and we both were stuck. She was still willing to join me if I could arrange a visa and the reason why that’s not happened besides - it’s hard - is also complicated.

For you bozo’s - you don’t know her she would have never had occasion to talk to you unless you’re her boss and there’s never been another man.

She’s free and can move on if she wants to - I have just asked her to be honest with me if she does and I have also told her that when that time comes I will move out of the way and wish her the best life possible.

tl/dr - our relationship has no proper label or status - she has good reason not to keep the dream alive because I choked and dropped the ball. She’s a very decent lady and I admire her a lot.
Stay classy na
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

David Gordon wrote:Thanks to everyone for your replies. I’m interested whether anyone else has had any similar experience due to covid putting a pause on things.

And to [mention]newkidontheblock[/mention] I know you’re sincere - I really admire what you’ve been able to accomplish and in some ways I envy that. Good job and best wishes always to you and your lady.

I didn’t want to ignore your post but I also can’t lay out all my personal details here. It’s complicated ofc - it’s always complicated - she was once my betrothed and would have followed me to the ends of the earth. Still she’s coming to visit me elsewhere and voluntarily but who would refuse a free vaycay. Why elsewhere? She can’t deal with me in the context rn of her family and I understand that. Besides she also wants a vacation and staying in her town is not that.

She has refused to label our relationship any more because she says life is hard - we’ve been through a lot - and let’s just try to be happy.

Quite frankly - I choked when it was time for me to pull the trigger and that caused a loss of trust on her end. I returned home and we both were stuck. She was still willing to join me if I could arrange a visa and the reason why that’s not happened besides - it’s hard - is also complicated.

For you bozo’s - you don’t know her she would have never had occasion to talk to you unless you’re her boss and there’s never been another man.

She’s free and can move on if she wants to - I have just asked her to be honest with me if she does and I have also told her that when that time comes I will move out of the way and wish her the best life possible.

tl/dr - our relationship has no proper label or status - she has good reason not to keep the dream alive because I choked and dropped the ball. She’s a very decent lady and I admire her a lot.
I bet Jamie is still on her Facebook friends list, bruh.
Don't mind the banter.
Enjoy the vacation time together and remember everything dies, nothing is permanent.
It's what makes the good times even sweeter. Image
Oumedc
Expatriate

Post by Oumedc »

May I ask a qution? Are you married in another place in this world? CHILDREN? IF YOU ARE SERIOUS sorry caps.. Make a real plan after this stop over if positive... Hold her hand do not talk to much listen to her heart.. See if she lost face with her family and fix it if she has... Good luck
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic