Cambodia Aims to Eliminate Hepatitis B and C

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kangaruchi
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Cambodia Aims to Eliminate Hepatitis B and C

Post by Kangaruchi »

General Mackevili wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:41 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:06 am
Freightdog wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:40 am A commendable ambition. I do wonder if overhauling the country’s health care to eradicate such things as
-bogus doctors
-dodgy pharmacies
-unlicensed or unmonitored practices
-over prescribing antibiotics

and a nationwide public awareness of health matters (at a modern standard, not 1970’s) wouldn’t go a long way towards achieving these sorts of goals.
Ok, I'm with you, but leaving aside the question of quacks and magic healing, let's get down to the nitty-gritty - how to maintain basic hygiene when, (as happens sometimes), you can't even wash your hands because there is no water (or the water that's available is dirtier than your hands)?
And before someone tells me that the tap water in PP is now lovely and clean, can I say in advance that in this is not the case everywhere in Cambodia (or even in PP) ?
No matter how many times I've heard the water is clean to drink, I just can't do it. I'm sure the 'water' is fine, it's the pipes they have to go through to get to my cup I'm worried about.
I am in PP and based on European experts advise I have been using the tap water to drink and have after 10+ plus years have no ill effects.
I do take the precautions of boiling it then freezing it before consuming it, hope that helps put your mind at rest 😊
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Re: Cambodia Aims to Eliminate Hepatitis B and C

Post by newkidontheblock »

In missus’ village, the water comes out with small stones, sand, and mud.

She actually bought a water filter for the family a long time ago. A filter that just needs to be periodically washed for it to work.

Unfortunately, no one has bothered to wash it since she left. She gets itchy whenever she takes a shower or uses the toilet.

I sure wouldn’t drink the water.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic