Woman Killed in Horror Hit and Run by Drunk Foreigner Driving a Porsche

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Woman Killed in Horror Hit and Run by Drunk Foreigner Driving a Porsche

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): A woman died instantly after the motorcycle she was riding was hit by a drunk foreigner driving a Porsche, in the early hours of February 5, 2023, at around 4am, along Norodom Blvd., on the corner with Street 240 in Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh. The Porsche driver accelerated after the accident, leaving the woman for dead on the road, and attempting to flee the accident scene. The motorcycle was then dragged along the street under the Porsche, which then hit another car head on. The Porsche driver was eventually stopped, thanks to local people who saw the accident(s) and chased the culprit.

ImageImage

According to sources at the scene, before the incident, a woman was seen riding a red Honda Today motorcycle, with a Phnom Penh license plate 1CP-3678, along Norodom Boulevard, when suddenly, a white Porsche, with license plate Phnom Penh 2AC-8885, came from behind the motorbike at high speed. The woman motorcyclist was ejected on to the road by the force of the impact and died instantly of a broken neck. The Porsche then accelerated and continued along the road with the motorcycle trapped underneath, until it hit a Toyota Prius, with license plate Phnom Penh. 2AQ-8648, which was coming from the opposite direction.
Once again, the Porsche driver accelerated in an attempt to get away, but the motorcycle hampered his efforts, and then, close to the roundabout of the Independence Monument, by-standers helped to stop the car and take the foreigner into custody. The driver is allegedly a Chinese national; he was handed over to the authorities to be taken to the Sangkat Chaktomuk Administrative Police Station.
After the incident, the local police of Chaktomuk Sangkat Administrative Police Station contacted the traffic department to take away the vehicle and store it at the Phnom Penh Municipal Police Traffic Office.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Re: Woman Killed in Horror Hit and Run by Drunk Foreigner Driving a Porsche

Post by Anchor Moy »

In Cambodia, there is horror every day, there is everyday horror, and then there are things like this.
Words like "privilege and entitlement" don't even begin to do justice to this little shit sitting there on his phone calling Daddy. :evil:
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

He looks like he hasn't a care in the world sitting there txting after a hit & run death... Hopefully he gets a hefty sentence and doesn't buy his freedom early.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Makes you wonder why he's not fully restraint after this series of events.

RIP to the female victim. This is a nightmare I face regularly and this why I don't allow my kid to drive.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:49 pm Makes you wonder why he's not fully restraint after this series of events. Simply because this Chinese may have friends in high places.

RIP to the female victim. This is a nightmare I face regularly and this why I don't allow my kid to drive.
Boredom is like a shroud
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

It blows my mind that the Cambodian people put up with this kind of thing happening again, and again, and again.

I often hear about truck drivers running away from the scene of accidents to avoid being beaten to death by an angry mob, but the mob never seems to do anything to these rich foreigners who kill Cambodians while driving drunk.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

I wonder the same thing, why aren't the mob dealing with these chinese? I wish they would.
krisduncs
Expatriate

Post by krisduncs »

Because they see them as their new masters?
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

The said truth many be the fact that you cant get any compensation (often ridiculous amounts) from a dead culprit. Probably the reason why those drunk riches are not beaten to death on the spot. There may be also fear that the driver has high up connections due to the super expensive car he is driving.

You usually dont get money out of a usually poor truck driver. Thats why they get beaten up on the spot if they cant make a runner?
work is for people who cant find truffles
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Grand Barong wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:45 pm He looks like he hasn't a care in the world sitting there txting after a hit & run death... Hopefully he gets a hefty sentence and doesn't buy his freedom early.
None of these guys go to jail ... You know they pay money to judge and family. That's the way it is... Look at that rich girl, who ran down the girl bicyclist, a couple years ago... She served a whopping two months of her sentence for hit and run...

You guys ought to know by now, this little rich prick will walk after a day or two...

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/608457/kil ... in-prison/

newsworthy/girl-student-killed-hit-and- ... 27736.html
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic