Objectivity in Journalism is Racist

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Objectivity in Journalism is Racist

Post by xavoy »

According to Washington Post, and the quoted New York Times representatives: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... diversity/

"But increasingly, reporters, editors and media critics argue that the concept of journalistic objectivity is a distortion of reality. They point out that the standard was dictated over decades by male editors in predominantly White newsrooms and reinforced their own view of the world. Newsrooms that move beyond ‘objectivity’ can build trust"

"pursuing objectivity can lead to false balance or misleading “bothsidesism” in covering stories about race, the treatment of women, LGBTQ+ rights"

"the concept of objectivity has prevented truly accurate reporting"

"Objectivity has got to go."

“I don’t want to throw labels like ‘racist’ or ‘lying’ around willy-nilly; the evidence should be high,” Joseph Kahn, executive editor of the New York Times, told us. “But I think it’s true"
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Objectivity in Journalism is Racist

Post by Big Daikon »

xavoy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:45 am "pursuing objectivity can lead to false balance or misleading “bothsidesism” in covering stories about race, the treatment of women, LGBTQ+ rights"

"the concept of objectivity has prevented truly accurate reporting"
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Good idea for fake news to cover their ass.
xavoy
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by xavoy »

canucklhead wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:35 am Good idea for fake news to cover their ass.

It is a fairly predictable lefty manoeuvrer.

These newspapers have long since lost objectivity even by admission of their own editors, but rather than acknowledging where they've gone wrong, they just make objectivity racist hahahaha.

Such a lefty thing to do. I know that's an opinionated perspective, but my original post only contained quotes and was therefore fairly objective and thus racist, so I thought I'd better bring some subjectivity to this discussion.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic