Serious warning of the so called "Facebook bitch"

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Re: Serious warning of the so called "Facebook bitch"

Post by ressl »

Bert Spaggiari wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:03 pm Dear ressl,
-quite possible the victim you had a talk with is running a long game with you too.
'Ending up in the hospital' can mean many things--ever have a doc here Prescribe vitamin C?
If you are 74 and out-of-order for more than a day, this can get life threatening. Dehydration is one thing, a very high doze of knock-out drops an other...
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:37 pm
ressl wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:58 pm Pin codes seem not to stop them in any way!
PIN codes will stop them. But everyone conveniently uses a touch verification these days. When you passed out they will simply use your thumb...
Disable any touch or face recognition... Stick to a pin. It will only take about 3 extra seconds or probly less
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Sounds like Scopolamine. If that shit is in town, watch out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scopolamine

Interesting comments about the finger print access to bank accounts. Must admit, I'm guilty of that. Time to revert back to a PIN I think.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Post by hburns »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:32 pm Sounds like Scopolamine. If that shit is in town, watch out.

Interesting comments about the finger print access to bank accounts. Must admit, I'm guilty of that. Time to revert back to a PIN I think.
Was thinking that too. That stuff is scary. Not sure a PIN keeps your money much safer, apparently that stuff makes you comply with requests for PIN numbers and other personal information.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

hburns wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:44 pm
Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:32 pm Sounds like Scopolamine. If that shit is in town, watch out.

Was thinking that too. That stuff is scary. Not sure a PIN keeps your money much safer, apparently that stuff makes you comply with requests for PIN numbers and other personal information.
I've read that too. Tales of people being doped for days while accounts drained up to daily limits. ABA limits on cash withdrawals can be adjusted via the APP upto $10k and I suspect they would sit back and doing SFA about such irrgular withdrawals.
Dario
Expatriate
Germany

Post by Dario »

I once fell victim to a spiked drink in Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic. Took me about 3 days to get my cognitive capacities back together. Couldn't leave the house due to hyper photo sensitivity.
Anyway, it's total confusion, some sort of psychosis. On the 2nd day i became aware of my state, got more and more desperate, telling myself: MUST.NOT.LOSE.THE.PLOT! Over and over again

In Colombia never had any problems, but then, didn't mingle with dangerous people.
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

Dario wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:05 am I once fell victim to a spiked drink in Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic. Took me about 3 days to get my cognitive capacities back together. Couldn't leave the house due to hyper photo sensitivity.
Anyway, it's total confusion, some sort of psychosis. On the 2nd day i became aware of my state, got more and more desperate, telling myself: MUST.NOT.LOSE.THE.PLOT! Over and over again

In Colombia never had any problems, but then, didn't mingle with dangerous people.
My friend unfortunately wasn't so lucky in Columbia. You can check out his experience, seems pretty similar! Hope that shit is not in town.

ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Sheepdog wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:19 am
Dario wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:05 am I once fell victim to a spiked drink in Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic. Took me about 3 days to get my cognitive capacities back together. Couldn't leave the house due to hyper photo sensitivity.

My friend unfortunately wasn't so lucky in Columbia. You can check out his experience, seems pretty similar! Hope that shit is not in town.
I think scopolamine would be a pretty good addition to the Cumbodian nightlife :thumb:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Londonmail wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:11 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:37 pm
ressl wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 4:58 pm Pin codes seem not to stop them in any way!
PIN codes will stop them. But everyone conveniently uses a touch verification these days. When you passed out they will simply use your thumb...
Disable any touch or face recognition... Stick to a pin. It will only take about 3 extra seconds or probly less
I disabled it after reading this thread, but the guy in the movie also claims ATM withdrawals while he was sedated. Scary.....
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Post by siliconlife »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:06 am
I think scopolamine would be a pretty good addition to the Cumbodian nightlife :thumb:
It sounds pretty good, tbh. Supposedly some devilish hallucinations! ;-)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic