Look out, here they come!

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Look out, here they come!

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia, China Discuss Tourism Promotion
AKP Phnom Penh, February 03, 2023 --

Cambodia and China have discussed more cooperation on tourism, especially the push for one million Chinese tourists to visit Cambodia in 2023.

The discussion took place here in Phnom Penh on Feb. 1 between H.E. Thong Khon, Minister of Tourism and Mr. Du Tian Qiao, Executive Director of Business Cooperation, Regional Economy and International Trade Association of the People's Republic of China.

Mr. Du Tian Qiao informed H.E. Thong Khon of his intention to organise tourism, cultural, and sports events; Cambodia-China tourism investment and Business Forum; and Cambodia-China music performance.

The tourism, cultural and sports events raised will include Marathon, Golf and martial arts performance, especially the Cambodia's Lbokator and the Shaolin of China, he added.

From his end, H.E. Thong Khon encouraged the association to prepare a clear and detailed plan for ministry's inputs and support with a technical working group for the implementation.
By Lim Nary
- AKP
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Can't we petition them to bring a million Canadians instead? I can't recall meeting a bad one, and so long as they keep Bieber in the USA, should be a much better outcome no?!
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:47 pm Can't we petition them to bring a million Canadians instead? I can't recall meeting a bad one, and so long as they keep Bieber in the USA, should be a much better outcome no?!
Have you actually met bad Chinese?
Ryan754326
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Ryan754326 »

Spigzy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:47 pm Can't we petition them to bring a million Canadians instead? I can't recall meeting a bad one
The bad ones mostly stay in Canada, or maybe go to all-inclusive resorts in places like Mexico or Cuba. Maybe.
The bad ones wouldn’t come to a place like Cambodia, because they couldn’t stand the heat, the noise, the smells, the garbage, or the traffic… And if they did come, they would go back to Canada, and tell all of their friends what a hot, noisy, smelly, dirty, dangerous place Cambodia is.
Many Canadians are extremely fragile. Their comfort and safety is of utmost importance, and supersedes anyone else’s right to be outside doing stuff.
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

JB is very quick to shout racist if it is about blacks or muslims but on some of the comments here about the Chinese and Canadians silence, typical leftie virtue signaller. He also said that the rapes, robberies and murders in Kampot are being covered up. When it was pointed a while ago out that this is happening in the UK regarding the muslim rapes gangs he said it isn't and those who say different are Racists ?
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

You have problems comprehending English. I have never called anyone a racist here, they don't need pointing out. There were no "racist" comments about Canadians. Project much?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

2sevensclash wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:05 pm JB is very quick to shout racist if it is about blacks or muslims but on some of the comments here about the Chinese and Canadians silence, typical leftie virtue signaller.
Can we stop the bickering, name-calling, and turning every thread into a personal vendetta ? And I might be really slow, but I really don't get the link between muslims in Britain and Canadians in Cambodia.
So just to confuse things even more, here are some Brits (not in Cambodia), who are taking the piss out of Canadians (who are not in Cambodia) :
:stir:
Nothing to do with Cambodia at all, is it ?
Spoiler:
But at least it's funny.
Cheers.
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

rogerrabbit wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:58 pm
Spigzy wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:47 pm Can't we petition them to bring a million Canadians instead? I can't recall meeting a bad one, and so long as they keep Bieber in the USA, should be a much better outcome no?!
Have you actually met bad Chinese?
Yes, I have both met and done business with good and bad Chinese - from experience, there tend to be more of the latter in the KoW, who are not representative of the good ones I met in China. Like the French, there are exceptions to the rules even in the KoW of course.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Gearing up to welcome back Chinese passengers: An interview with Cambodia Airports
At the ROUTES ASIA conference in Chiang Mai, Thailand, International Airport Review Editor Holly Miles, caught up with Stephen King, Chief Commercial Officer of Cambodia Airports.

For this exclusive interview with International Airport Review, Stephen discussed the recovery of their airports. Non-China traffic is at over 70%, but that they have a very close relationship with China which means they are anticipating a good recovery once that market re-establishes.

He went on to say that they are looking to grow their air service by getting the message out to airlines that Angkor Wat is not the only tourist attraction to see in Cambodia, in fact there are beaches better than the Maldives in the southern islands. Cambodia is a fast growing country with a growing middle class which means there is growing outbound tourism and a growing business travel market – in 2022 25% of passengers were travelling to Cambodia on business visas.
Article: https://www.internationalairportreview. ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

After watching this video I can see a lot of Chinese viewing Cambodia as a next-door neighbour as a land full of opportunities.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic