King Charles will not appear on Aussie 5$ note

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: King Charles will not appear on Aussie 5$ note

Post by 2sevensclash »

Its past midnight, JB has had a few drinks and is now spewing racist abuse at the brits, go away you silly man
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Now now, calm down old lad before you give yourself an aneurysm.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

xandreu wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:16 pm
Random Dude wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm It's probably not for this reason - although who knows - but I read somewhere that usually when putting a face on a banknote, they prefer someone who is dead, because if you have millions of banknotes out there in circulation and the guy gets caught interfering with kids or they find a body buried in his back yard or something you have an awkward situation.
I think you're talking about the back of the note. The front of the note usually has the head of state on it, in commonwealth countries, such as Australia and Canada etc, this would be the British monarch. A quick Google search tells me there are currently 35 countries which have the image of the British Queen currently on their bank notes.

Now that she has passed, I would imagine Australia won't be the only country to remove the British monarch from their notes. To be fair, even as a Brit, I find it very strange that other countries have our monarch as their head of state. If I were Australian or Canadian, I'd be pretty pissed that my head of state wasn't a national of my own country.
Yes, you're right. It was a while ago now but I'm pretty sure I saw it discussed when they were deciding whether or not to put Sir Edmond Hillary on the back of the NZ 5 dollar note, he was still alive at the time and luckily died with his reputation intact.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

CaptainCanuck wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:29 pm
Random Dude wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:56 pm It's probably not for this reason - although who knows - but I read somewhere that usually when putting a face on a banknote, they prefer someone who is dead, because if you have millions of banknotes out there in circulation and the guy gets caught interfering with kids or they find a body buried in his back yard or something you have an awkward situation.
How many of your posts begin with ‘probably’ ...... Probably you could be Ruler of the World if you spent a little time in reality instead of wallowing in your imagination ..... just sayin’ .....
Dunno. A lot of them probably. Not sure why I use the word probably.... it's probably a weird linguistic habit I picked up somewhere along the way when I wanted to talk about something I didn't know for certain but felt was the probable truth. If me saying probably upsets you I suppose I could make an effort to think of a less triggering word for you but let's face it, I probably won't, you'll probably just need to suck it up and scroll on Champ. :crazy:
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

seen this yesterday..,puppet from the old series Spitting image
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:16 pm
I think you're talking about the back of the note. The front of the note usually has the head of state on it, in commonwealth countries, such as Australia and Canada etc, this would be the British monarch. A quick Google search tells me there are currently 35 countries which have the image of the British Queen currently on their bank notes.

Now that she has passed, I would imagine Australia won't be the only country to remove the British monarch from their notes. To be fair, even as a Brit, I find it very strange that other countries have our monarch as their head of state. If I were Australian or Canadian, I'd be pretty pissed that my head of state wasn't a national of my own country.
What? The Saxe-Coburg-Gotha's aren't English?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Random Dude wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:53 am
How many of your posts begin with ‘probably’ ...... Probably you could be Ruler of the World if you spent a little time in reality instead of wallowing in your imagination ..... just sayin’ .....
Dunno. A lot of them probably. Not sure why I use the word probably.... it's probably a weird linguistic habit I picked up somewhere along the way when I wanted to talk about something I didn't know for certain but felt was the probable truth. If me saying probably upsets you I suppose I could make an effort to think of a less triggering word for you but let's face it, I probably won't, you'll probably just need to suck it up and scroll on Champ. :crazy:
It's probably the covid vaccine you've probably been taking.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Stravaiger wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:11 pm
Sorted

Unlikely this guy will get caught (again).
It’s unlikely that the UK would still transport it’s undesirables dunnunda, but if it did, wouldn’t he have a fair chance of being elected to high office?
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Doc67 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:54 am
Random Dude wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:53 am
It's probably the covid vaccine you've probably been taking.
You're probably right, that's probably it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic