Joe Bar Garage and Grill, Siem Reap.

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Leighton Travels
Expatriate
Cambodia

Joe Bar Garage and Grill, Siem Reap.

Post by Leighton Travels »

The next article in the series of Siem Reap cafes and restaurants. This place is one of the few to battle on during COVID-19.

https://leightontravels.com/category/jo ... and-grill/

This is part of a long-running series. Any suggestions on new places to cover, please get in touch.

Regards,

Leighton.
Electric Earth
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Joe Bar Garage and Grill, Siem Reap.

Post by Electric Earth »

I was just reading through your site. It's disappointing to see a positive review of this place on there. Kinda kills it for me. Other than the fact that it's pretty typical food for Siem Reap, at pretty typical prices, the guy that runs this place is a scam artist, borderline racist against Khmer(even though he has a Khmer wife, I think), and there's a whole list of people who have been ripped off by him. I had a Rather poor experience here where the guy ripped off a friend who didn't know anything about motos and, being a rational human being, went in a normal calm manner to ask him about the work he did. Supposedly did, that is. After taking the bike to another shop, discovered he didn't actually replace the carburetor he said he did. The guy is a nut-job and immediately tried to get into a physical fight with me. He's insane. When I started asking around, there was No shortage of people with similar stories of being ripped off and him being immediately aggressive toward them when questioned. He's even kind of aggressive to people who leave negative reviews on google, and contests negative reviews to get them removed. In general I've heard lots of bad stuff. It's not a place I'd want posted about on a website of mine.

One place I'd suggest you check out is Italeat. It's on Rd. 20 right off of Wat Bo Rd. It's run by an Italian man and his Khmer wife, and I don't think I've ever had a better Italian meal for $5(that comes with a little Bruschetta appetizer)
Do you think the parents of baby boomers whined so much when the boomers started changing society? And yet the whiney ones like to call young people "snowflakes." Hmm...
Leighton Travels
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Leighton Travels »

Hey, thanks for reading and thanks for the reply. Everything you've stated sounds concerning. But really, we haven't had any bad experiences at Joe's, hence my review. I only ever write a place the way I see it. We don't know Chris all that well, but I haven't had any issues with him. Sorry to hear about your experience and thanks for reading all the same.
SrokKhmer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SrokKhmer »

Electric Earth wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:55 pm I was just reading through your site. It's disappointing to see a positive review of this place on there. Kinda kills it for me. Other than the fact that it's pretty typical food for Siem Reap, at pretty typical prices, the guy that runs this place is a scam artist, borderline racist against Khmer(even though he has a Khmer wife, I think), and there's a whole list of people who have been ripped off by him. I had a Rather poor experience here where the guy ripped off a friend who didn't know anything about motos and, being a rational human being, went in a normal calm manner to ask him about the work he did. Supposedly did, that is. After taking the bike to another shop, discovered he didn't actually replace the carburetor he said he did. The guy is a nut-job and immediately tried to get into a physical fight with me. He's insane. When I started asking around, there was No shortage of people with similar stories of being ripped off and him being immediately aggressive toward them when questioned. He's even kind of aggressive to people who leave negative reviews on google, and contests negative reviews to get them removed. In general I've heard lots of bad stuff. It's not a place I'd want posted about on a website of mine.

One place I'd suggest you check out is Italeat. It's on Rd. 20 right off of Wat Bo Rd. It's run by an Italian man and his Khmer wife, and I don't think I've ever had a better Italian meal for $5(that comes with a little Bruschetta appetizer)
Amazing chris never take negative review well he always put the negative review peroson down. He will say the review a lie.
Chris the Scottish owner is known around Siem Reap for being physically abusive to his wife also he nor nice man.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Cheers for the heads up, I'll avoid Joe's from now on.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:34 pm Cheers for the heads up, I'll avoid Joe's from now on.
I thought I was done with you lot .
But this I had to reply
This joe ahole wants to kill me , right ?,
One day I was coming out of the gate of where I live and he rides by
He said now I know where you live “ you’re dead “
I said ok , look at these 2 security c amersa ,
I haven’t seen him since
I am tempted to get a smsahburger but there is a new hot dog joifth i town
Dave does cambrodia says he’s an amreican from phnom penh
I said o americans come from phon penh
A freind of mine tried to oudte thirds yogetgb( todaty i thimnk )£

To hell with spell chevkig b.
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

now i just got kicked out of the new tiger woods hotdiggitydog 🌭 joint in siem reap
i sure do misss shitsville
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic