Good Indian in PP?

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
rexdart
Tourist

Good Indian in PP?

Post by rexdart »

I am backpacking and staying on 172 (thanks Mr Mack) and I am craving some good Indian food. Any suggestions?
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Good Indian in PP?

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Sher-e-punjab on St.130 is good. Bit pricier than other options, (relatively speaking) but portions are huge. Maybe around 5-7$ for mains. Dosa Corner on the corner of Pasteur and 278 is also good and very cheap. Around 3-5$ will get you a nice meal.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
doktor_d
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by doktor_d »

Sher-e-punjab is my favourite in Phnom Penh as well.. and has been for years.

I always order too much because I love their food so much but I can never finish it all. (Even though I try my best every time). And I can't do much else either after eating there. I'm always so stuffed that I have to go home and lie down for a couple of hours or until I'm sure my stomach isn't going to burst.
Alcohol is necessary so that a man can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts
chuangt2u
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by chuangt2u »

Sher-E-Punjab - eat in or delivery

Everest - eat in
picooie
Expatriate

Post by picooie »

Sheri Punjab has been my favorite Indian restaurant for a long time. Great food!!!

picooie
Flynn
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Flynn »

Sher-E-Punjab. You won't be disappointed. :Yahoo!:
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

chuangt2u wrote:Sher-E-Punjab - eat in or delivery

Everest - eat in
This
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by horace »

I'm off to Madras on 63 this evening, I recommended this place before on another thread.
horace
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by horace »

Well, I don't recommend it any more!
"Good evening sir , nice to seë you again" "a can of Anchor , please" "I'm sorry we don't have any Anchor, only Angkor in cans"
Wouldn't even go out and buy half a dozen cold ones from a stall down the road! So I left. Went to TasteBuds instead and it was excellent. None of that how spicy do you want the korma / vindaloo nonsense. It came as cooked by the non english speaking chef , another good sign.
rexdart
Tourist

Post by rexdart »

I went to Sher-E-Punjab and deliciousness was had. It was funny because upon sitting down, I realized I ate there last time I was in town 4 years ago. Better this time as I was with my partner instead of that bitchy American NGO worker I was boning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic