Words you don't expect to hear from kids

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
IraHayes
Expatriate
Marshall Islands

Words you don't expect to hear from kids

Post by IraHayes »

My 8yo son used the word "homunculus" to describe a classmate a few weeks back and I still have no idea where tf he got it from.
He used it correctly as when I queried him that (a) he had said the word "homunculus" and (b) he knew what it meant he said, yes his friend was really small, and laughed.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Re: Words you don't expect to hear from kids

Post by ItWasntMe »

Makes me think of Full Metal Alchemist, odd little creatures.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Does he have access to Netflix? There’s a movie with that title
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Dunno but my wife told me to touch wood and swear I was telling the truth.

Nearly right.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

IraHayes wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:02 pm My 8yo son used the word "homunculus" to describe a classmate a few weeks back and I still have no idea where tf he got it from.
He used it correctly as when I queried him that (a) he had said the word "homunculus" and (b) he knew what it meant he said, yes his friend was really small, and laughed.
My nephew was divorcing in 2006 and had at that time an 4 year old son and 8 year old daughter.
They had to come to the "youth-judge" for questioning about mum and dad and where they wanted to be.
After some time the 4-year old son said to the judge: "yes, mom has new boyfriend, and i see him doing pipi in her mouth !! ?? 4 year old !!!! ?? And he was bloody right, because that guy was me (not doing pipi ofcourse). After 17 years i still dont know how he knew ar saw. He is 23 now !!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

not to derail ur thread, but why do i see so many khmer kids when i cycled before around kep, flipping the bird?

I always made it a point to stop and say NO!!
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:37 am not to derail ur thread, but why do i see so many khmer kids when i cycled before around kep, flipping the bird?

I always made it a point to stop and say NO!!
I had that as well but then seen a tiktok video of some young kid with a hand in a bucket that came out with the middle finger up... suspect its some thing to do with that .. I just laughed and kept going maybe 6 months ago a few of them in different place but around Kep shouted fuck off ... usually its hello or one dollar ....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic