Masks still mandated while flying?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Masks still mandated while flying?

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:46 pm
Military pilots wear masks routinely as well.
If you’re referring to oxygen masks…then!
Not these kind of masks. Do try to keep your references rational and relevant, so to avoid being pigeon holed with the near resident loon.
Apexisto
Expatriate
Finland

Post by Apexisto »

newkidontheblock wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:46 pm My parents routinely wear masks on airplanes way before the virus.

Wearing a mask on an airplane keeps more of the warm exhaled air in the body, especially important at high altitudes were it’s chilly. It also keeps more of the exhaled moisture in the body and helps with the excessive drying effect of the recirculated cabin air.

Military pilots wear masks routinely as well.

Would you prefer a fellow passenger to be coughing and sneezing on you, or into his/her mask?

There are benefits to wearing a mask other than being branded as a Jew.

My opinions, of course.
Of course, I am definitely using some kind of face covering when I travel to Antarctica because such freezing temperatures might cause frost bites to a nose and I don't want to look like Michael Jackson who lost his nose. Additionally, I might use some kind of face covering if I am in the middle of desert storm.

Additionally, when I am piloting a fighter pilot I am using, at least, oxygen mask incorporated into a helmet, the same when I go into space. In space, it is impossible to stay without any kind of face and body covering.

I also understand if I am surgeon that I want to use some kind of face covering unless I am breathing in and out through with nose because our nose is the ultimate "mask" that filters air.

People used to learn in the kindergarten that when you cough you cough to your sleeve or at least away from other people. This should be common knowledge...
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Apexisto wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:46 pm
This is one senseless comparison between reasonable regulations, contracts and procedures and unreasonable, wrong and thus evil lunacy. Masks are similar requirement than for Jewish people to wear stars in Nazi Germany and then the requirement to be shipped via trains to the camps, not to mention "hygiene nazi passport" that was emerging in its new form in Europe till 2021 February.

Your grand grand father probably used to say to the same to the Jewish people in Germany that they need to respect the regulations and not to make their own rules according their own intuition, reason and conscience.

Muzzle masks are the sign of oppression and slave mentality, the corruption, the evil magnetism and certainly tells about man's weak character and morals.

This is starting to be common knowledge in the US since Alex Jones and Infowars.com have told them about that mask slave mentality and what masks truly are. According to Alex Jones, masks are like those Nazi symbols in armbands, and for some reason, weak men like to stick together and even stick together with such tyrannical rules that truly is mental and physical raping.

Hence, listen to Alex Jones, he is always right!

I want to make sure I understand:you are comparing the Jewish star, which led to the extermination of 6 million Jews, to face masks, meant to save people?

I see two scenarios here: you are either a troll, having a piss. Or you are for real and then you are so far right of nutcase that you do not actually believe in the genocide, your kind doesn’t, and only roll out the Holocaust when it is opportune to somehow legitimate your conspiracy agenda.

Where in Cambodia do you hang out? I want to avoid you like gonorrhoea.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

hanno wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:38 pm Where in Cambodia do you hang out? I want to avoid you like gonorrhoea.
I don’t know- like a child with a magnifying glass and an unfortunate ants nest, a part of me wants to observe his insane writhing. I thought my own hatred of masks was bad enough.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Apexisto wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:46 pm
hanno wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:23 pm
Apexisto wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:13 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 am Your obsession against wearing a mask is nearly as irrational as those places still clinging on to the requirement to wear a mask.
Are you sure you haven’t got agoraphobia and claustrophobia to the point of incapacitation.
I am no slave.

Unfortunately, the majority like to be raped mentally, physically and spiritually with such slave gadgets.

At least, I am sure I am not taking dick in the ass and even voluntary so I don't mind to be mocked of raped slaves. Slaves are not rulers of their own destiny.
Wearing a mask makes you a slave? I guess you are not wearing a seatbelt or a helmet either, drive drunk, have unprotected sex with crack whores, all in the name of being free and ruling your destiny….
Not really, I am not intending to crash my car or motorbike and with little vodka and ganja driving is just funnier. I don't have unprotected sex with crack whores since I don't need to pay for sex and this is against my morals but I do like unprotected sex and good creampies since the need for unloading my white man's burden.
Random Dude wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:04 am
Apexisto wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:13 pm
Freightdog wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:52 am Your obsession against wearing a mask is nearly as irrational as those places still clinging on to the requirement to wear a mask.
Are you sure you haven’t got agoraphobia and claustrophobia to the point of incapacitation.
I am no slave.

Unfortunately, the majority like to be raped mentally, physically and spiritually with such slave gadgets.

At least, I am sure I am not taking dick in the ass and even voluntary so I don't mind to be mocked of raped slaves. Slaves are not rulers of their own destiny.

You probably have, or had, a job at some point in your life. No doubt you would have observed some sort of dress code and health and safety regulations. And you were obedient, you wore what you were told to wear, you followed the H and S rules, or were told to find another job (with similar rules).

Every single day you probably conform to dozens of rules and regulations without even thinking about them and I'm sure you expect others to do the same - you wouldn't be happy to find out the chef who cooked your food didn't wash his hands before cooking your food, or the pilot on that flight you want to take got drunk during every flight, the air traffic control people that day were up there in their tower smoking weed and drinking beer, the plane maintenance crew were disregarding servicing standards, you'd be pissed off if someone blew through a red light and T-boned you on the way to the airport or if your dentist gave you hepatitis because he hadn't been sterilising his equipment and you'd probably shit your pants if your taxi driver decided he wanted to drive on the wrong side of the road at twice the speed limit.... all because those people weren't slaves, they were masters of their own destiny and they made their own rules.
This is one senseless comparison between reasonable regulations, contracts and procedures and unreasonable, wrong and thus evil lunacy. Masks are similar requirement than for Jewish people to wear stars in Nazi Germany and then the requirement to be shipped via trains to the camps, not to mention "hygiene nazi passport" that was emerging in its new form in Europe till 2021 February.

Your grand grand father probably used to say to the same to the Jewish people in Germany that they need to respect the regulations and not to make their own rules according their own intuition, reason and conscience.

Muzzle masks are the sign of oppression and slave mentality, the corruption, the evil magnetism and certainly tells about man's weak character and morals.

This is starting to be common knowledge in the US since Alex Jones and Infowars.com have told them about that mask slave mentality and what masks truly are. According to Alex Jones, masks are like those Nazi symbols in armbands, and for some reason, weak men like to stick together and even stick together with such tyrannical rules that truly is mental and physical raping.

Hence, listen to Alex Jones, he is always right!

Yep, ok champ.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

I'm quoting this because... well, like wow.
Incredible but true, as they say. :bong:
Apexisto wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:39 pm Additionally, when I am piloting a fighter pilot I am using, at least, oxygen mask incorporated into a helmet, the same when I go into space. In space, it is impossible to stay without any kind of face and body covering.
Spoiler:
Why does Cambodia attract so many of these 'space' people ?
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

hanno wrote:
2sevensclash wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:46 pm I had to laugh last year when in India. I was flying from Bombay to Chennai no mask needed at check in, no mask needed during security, no mask needed in waiting area, no mask needed when in line to board but as we boarded we were asked to put on a mask. Once we had go to our seats the mask came off and that was it
Same in Vietnam. Packed like sardines at security and immigration but no mask required. Then had to put them on as we boarded only to take them off again 20 minutes later as snack were served. Does it make sense? No, but if that is what the rules are, so be it.
Comply to the overlords (even when it makes no sense) you where running around in parks in Vietnam with your mask on, I understand that the government mandated it, but you could have easily put the mask on your chin instead of looking like a **tard, maybe you should re-ead Spartacus.

When you give the government power to control your life and you know it's wrong, you are a slave of your own mind.

A peer reviewed article on mask wearing.

Physical interventions to interrupt or reduce the spread of respiratory viruses

https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/do ... .pub6/full
Medical/surgical masks compared to no masks

We included 12 trials (10 cluster‐RCTs) comparing medical/surgical masks versus no masks to prevent the spread of viral respiratory illness (two trials with healthcare workers and 10 in the community). Wearing masks in the community probably makes little or no difference to the outcome of influenza‐like illness (ILI)/COVID‐19 like illness compared to not wearing masks (risk ratio (RR) 0.95, 95% confidence interval (CI) 0.84 to 1.09; 9 trials, 276,917 participants; moderate‐certainty evidence. Wearing masks in the community probably makes little or no difference to the outcome of laboratory‐confirmed influenza/SARS‐CoV‐2 compared to not wearing masks (RR 1.01, 95% CI 0.72 to 1.42; 6 trials, 13,919 participants; moderate‐certainty evidence). Harms were rarely measured and poorly reported (very low‐certaint
And here is a video from John Cambell going over this data

[Youtube][/YouTube]

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

verdebandit
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by verdebandit »

Korea still requires masks so Korean airlines still require masks. IME Korean is 100%, eva from Taiwan is 100%, Asiana probably closer to 80%. Required I'm Korean.and taiwanese airports as well.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Equinix wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:14 amComply to the overlords (even when it makes no sense) you where running around in parks in Vietnam with your mask on, I understand that the government mandated it, but you could have easily put the mask on your chin instead of looking like a **tard, maybe you should re-ead Spartacus.
I guess you put your seatbelt around your neck to derfy "The Man"? And the only people that look more like **tards by wearing the masks under their chins are people that go on and on about how Covid was all a government plot to enslave us. With the help of bats, G5, and Bill Gates.
Last edited by hanno on Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Double post
Last edited by hanno on Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic