Hanoi Air Quality

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Stravaiger
Expatriate

Re: Hanoi Air Quality

Post by Stravaiger »

cabron wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:02 am
David Gordon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:13 am By the way @Doc67 how is the vn visa situation now? How do you get it and how long does it take?
I can answer that. Only online visa available for 30 days and it take 3 to 5 days before you get the confirmation.
And there's the 15 day visa waiver for many passport holders including UK. Just stamped in and out, no full page used.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

David Gordon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:50 am
cabron wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:02 am
David Gordon wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:13 am By the way @Doc67 how is the vn visa situation now? How do you get it and how long does it take?
I can answer that. Only online visa available for 30 days and it take 3 to 5 days before you get the confirmation.
Ty - if you’re not in Cambodia - what’s your go-to online?
VN government portal for all the entry information and buying online e-visa.

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/g ... g-chu-ttdt
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

Thanks my visa is on the way and the plans were made before I found out I’m not going to be able to breathe!
Stay classy na
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

ExPenhMan wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:11 am
Doc67 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:56 am I am mulling the idea of a trip to Hanoi. I looked at the weather forecasts and it looks much cooler than here (good) but a quick look at the Air Quality Index shows it to have some of the worst air quality in the world.

Is this true, and if so, how bad is it?

https://www.accuweather.com/en/vn/hanoi ... dex/353412
Sorry mate, but Hanoi today is the 4th most polluted city in the world at 173. Today's rankings at link:

https://www.iqair.com/th-en/world-air-quality-ranking
Just bring your Scott Air Pak.
Boredom is like a shroud
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

I just returned and there was never a day where I felt the air was bad. If it was it didn’t register and seemed fine. There were many days of drizzle and some nights were jacket weather - which I liked. A few more days of sunshine would have been nice. For walking - it’s not the greatest place really. I like to walk a lot every day and it’s so busy and the sidewalks are for the motorbikes. I’ve been a few times now but probably won’t go back anymore.
Stay classy na
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

David Gordon wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:38 pm I just returned and there was never a day where I felt the air was bad. If it was it didn’t register and seemed fine. There were many days of drizzle and some nights were jacket weather - which I liked. A few more days of sunshine would have been nice. For walking - it’s not the greatest place really. I like to walk a lot every day and it’s so busy and the sidewalks are for the motorbikes. I’ve been a few times now but probably won’t go back anymore.
For an extreme right winger you seem to spend a lot of time in Communist countries. Can you explain that?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

John Bingham wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:13 am
David Gordon wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:38 pm I just returned and there was never a day where I felt the air was bad. If it was it didn’t register and seemed fine. There were many days of drizzle and some nights were jacket weather - which I liked. A few more days of sunshine would have been nice. For walking - it’s not the greatest place really. I like to walk a lot every day and it’s so busy and the sidewalks are for the motorbikes. I’ve been a few times now but probably won’t go back anymore.
For an extreme right winger you seem to spend a lot of time in Communist countries. Can you explain that?
Ironically these destinations offered me the least restrictions on my freedoms in the midst of my other travel criteria.

I answered your question as if it was sincere even though I know you are just trying to agitate.

I won’t give you the same back because two wrongs do not make a right - but - it must be cozy living in your smug little nest and I am envious of that - sincerely. Have a happy day.
Stay classy na
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic