Never complain, never explain

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Is the notion of 'Never complain, never explain' a good way of life?

Yes
22%
No
33%
Not sure
17%
Indifferent
28%

Total votes: 18
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Never complain, never explain

Post by Clutch Cargo »

newkidontheblock wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:08 pm
Tootsfriend wrote:Some how I feel this is a sub message to us posters from a mod , your post will be deleted so fu , and I will not explain why.

Do not complain, I will not explain.
I think that is more about following the Golden Rule.

Treat others as you would wish to be treated. With deference and respect.

As if they were your parents.

Especially those posts (not posters) that you disagree with.
See my reply to Tootsfriend. I guess it's difficult sometimes as I am a both a posting member and a mod and members may not be sure in what capacity I'm posting. The bit 'especially about Cambodia :mrgreen: ' was just me having a tongue in cheek remark which I see led some to think I had my mod hat on. With hindsight, I should have left that out.

I was thinking the topic issue is also a little bit like when some people use a lot of words to get a message across and others are very succinct yet cutting. Reminds me of the late OZ politicion Tim Fischer. He was dubbed 'Two word Tim' or suchlike. He was always very succinct apparently both in and out or parliament yet got his message across very effectively. I think it's quite a skill to do that. Sort of like how Gav simply said 'Gonk won' OTOF :)
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Freightdog wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:20 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:06 am Anyway, please vote and discuss. Thanks
Unable to vote as you’ve provided insufficient options.
Here’s why-

You really need other options such as ambivalent and situation dependent.

I think this a problem with most surveys, to be quite frank- they’re geared towards delivering the result that’s desired, rather than informing on the subject at hand…

should I wink now?
Yeah, def point taken and I think surveys can be a complex art when designing the questions. I guess too this topic is a bit of a philosophical issue.

I did think of adding more options such as 'in part' or 'situation dependent' as you say. In the end I thought it might make things too complex and that members could still indicate whether they agreed in principle with yes or no bearing in mind it's not obviously a black and white situation.

To be clear. I had no desired result in mind at all and I voted 'Unsure'.

Anyway, your post is bearing through as there are more 'Indifferent/Unsure' votes so far than 'Yes/No'. :thumb:
Khmu Nation
Expatriate
Laos

Post by Khmu Nation »

If you want to go through life as an entitled dickhead then yeah, its a fine philosophy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic