Alphard Driver Damages Multiple Shopfronts

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Alphard Driver Damages Multiple Shopfronts

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): At 12:00 pm on January 27, 2023, on National Road 3, Sangkat Choam Cha 3, Khan Po Senchey, Phnom Penh, a drunk man destroyed the front of multiple shophouses when he crashed his Alphard van (plate number PNH 2BK-9301).
According to the source, the unidentified driver, who appeared to be very drunk, lost control of his vehicle while speeding. The driver left the scene before police arrived, but fortunately, nobody was injured in the incident.
The damaged vehicle was taken away to the police station waiting for the driver to turn himself in.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: Alphard Driver Damages Multiple Shopfronts

Post by Darkcel »

What's the price of an alphard? This one looks a little old but I'd imagine in the $50k+ range
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Apparently a new one top spec is around $200,000.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

I feel many Khmers can't keep up with transport evolution.
Bert Spaggiari
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bert Spaggiari »

Dumbest car on Earth ala 'Vacation'. Just straight up Dumb.
---->'BANISH HIM!'
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Usually I am quite good in reconstructing of how the accidents happened by using the provided pictures, but this time I am a bit clueless. The vector of the damage is clearly from right to left (on the pictures), the main impact of the car was at the front left. Both fit so far, but what does not fit in any way is the place where the car came to a stop, aiming with a barely damaged back to the shops. The roof is unscratched, so the vehicle didn`t flip.
The only explanation I have is, that he hit the shops with the very right front of the vehicle in a 45° angle (or more) and the car did a 245° turn. It would fit somehow, since the right side has close to no damage, but the rear axle is bent to the front of the vehicle (i assume that happened when the rear axle hit the curb, but how? The car is positioned clearly in the wrong orientation for that) and the scratch traces of the stone, that got caught under the vehicle, somehow does not fit this theory as well.
Amazing sidenote is, that the mobile food stall didn't topple over by the sudden acceleraton and just rolled away a bit bent
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic