Cold-blooded murder in internet shop bathroom.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Duncan
Sir Duncan

Re: Cold-blooded murder in internet shop bathroom.

Post by Duncan »

soup wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:38 am I'm buying a house on some land for 1.5 million baht. The woman likes to gamble and the son is in the clink for selling yaba. After reading this, I will be checkin the docs very carefully now! Some pit bulls, new locks and a shotgun will be on hand when junior gets out....
Your death will still be classed as suicide.

http://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/lau ... -ruled-out
Cambodia,,,, Don't fall in love with her.
Like the spoilt child she is, she will not be happy till she destroys herself from within and breaks your heart.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

soup wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:38 am I'm buying a house on some land for 1.5 million baht. The woman likes to gamble and the son is in the clink for selling yaba. After reading this, I will be checkin the docs very carefully now! Some pit bulls, new locks and a shotgun will be on hand when junior gets out....
Man, with those dodgy background facts, I'd be inclined to step away from such a deal. She may be desperate to pay off loan sharks. Who knows, the sharks may even own the house (unofficially). If you do, get several legal opinions on the sales papers.
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

ExPenhMan wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:01 am
Man, with those dodgy background facts, I'd be inclined to step away from such a deal. She may be desperate to pay off loan sharks. Who knows, the sharks may even own the house (unofficially). If you do, get several legal opinions on the sales papers.
I appreciate the advice, EPM and Duncan, but the MIL owns the house next door, more family in the next house, BIL down the street 500 meters, and the large family is also around. Dogs and gun are last/emergency line of defense. Family lawyers will be looking at all the paperwork. Mom's had a business there for 45 years. I think I'm street smart, and this passes the smell test, but you never can tell in lieland.... :bow:
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Further news:
The suspect, Eung Chan, [Ung Chan Ratanak], aged 25, was not found to be intoxicated by drink or drugs. It is believed that he had cold-heartedly planned the killing of the shop employee with the sharp knife he was carrying in his bag, in order to steal the takings from the internet shop to pay his gambling debts. He killed the employee, stabbing him 12 times, but did not succeed in stealing the money because it was locked away.
[Comment: It is also possible that the suspect owed the $1,100 to the shop itself, and planned the murder because he could not pay it back.]

The suspect has a family, a young wife and child, and two days after the murder he was apprehended at his parents house in Siem Reap. He faces life imprisonment for premeditated murder under Article 200 of the Penal Code.

It is also reported that many people have lost a lot of money at this internet game shop and authorities have been asked to investigate.
http://nokorwatnews.com
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
leitfaden
Expatriate
Germany

Post by leitfaden »

It's very sad to say, but a life doesn't have a big value in cambodia.......your one also !

Yaba, gambling, and soon 1,5 Mio baht.......it's not a good mix for a good future for them !
soup
Expatriate
Andorra

Post by soup »

leitfaden wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:55 pm
It's very sad to say, but a life doesn't have a big value in cambodia.......your one also !

Yaba, gambling, and soon 1,5 Mio baht.......it's not a good mix for a good future for them !
Ah, the house is in Thailand. I'm a shoot first, fuck the questions kind of guy. Welcome to the forum, mate....
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE: Defendent Appeals Murder Sentence
January 20, 2023
Top court hears gambling murder case
The Supreme Court yesterday heard the appeal of a 29-year-old sentenced for stabbing a 22-year-old accountant to death at a gambling centre in Takhmao city in 2017.

Presiding Judge Kem Sathavy said that the Phnom Penh Appeal Court had already reduced Ing Chanratanak’s sentence to 13 years and even that was too light for a serious crime that he had committed.
Judge Sarath asked the Judges’ Council to uphold the conviction and close his appeal.

During his appeal yesterday, Chanratanak, who presented at the courtroom, admitted that he had killed Rath Putha by stabbing him with a vegetable knife when he went to the toilet.

The victim was working at the gambling centre as accountant, while the convict was a juice vendor living in Phnom Penh’s Meanchey district, Chak Angkre Loeu commune.

The murder took place on July 2, 2017 at Krong Net Online shop in Kandal province’s Takhmao city.

Judge Sothavy noted that on the day of the murder, Chanratanak lost all his money in gambling, and he stabbed the victim for money. He stabbed 13 times on the victim’s stomach, causing him to die on the spot. After the murder, he took away the victim’s mobile phone, money from the gambling centre and fled.

The Kandal Provincial Court on June 6, 2018 {originally] sentenced Chanratnak to 17 years in prison [later reduced to 13 years] and ordered him to pay 20 million Riels (about $ 5,000) in compensation to the victim’s mother, the plaintiff in the case.

[NOTE: The defendent is now asking the Supreme Court to further reduce his 13 year prison sentence for premeditated murder to ten years.]
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501222740/ ... rder-case/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

UPDATE
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): The Supreme Court on January 26, 2023, confirmed a 13 year prison sentence against Ung Chanratanak, a gambling addict, who knifed an internet cafe employee to death in 2017, in order to steal $110 from him.
According to the judge, in 2018, the accused Ung Chanratanak was originally sentenced by the Kandal Provincial Court to 17 years imprisonment and ordered to pay 20 million riels to the victim's family, on charges of "premeditated murder" under Article 200 of the Penal Code. Later, on appeal, the Phnom Penh Municipal Court of Appeal upheld the Kandal Provincial Court's verdict, but changed the sentence from 17 to 13 years.
The Supreme Court has ruled that the defendent must serve the revised sentence of 13 years.

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic