It's Cold ! Weather reports in the media.

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: It's Cold ! Weather reports in the media.

Post by Freightdog »

We should be drinking Sangria. At least with the fruit it’s a healthy option.

I think it’s sadly missing on riverside.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

cautious colin wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:02 pm
hanno wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:37 am
Kenr wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:33 am At least the beer will stay cold.
If you like your beer piss warm, then. yes (how many venues seem to like to serve it in PP, much to my dismay). Lagers, Pilsner, wheat beer should be served at 2 - 7 Celsius, 20 degrees is even too warm for a red wine.
Really? I suppose it depends on the place you drink, most of the places I go have an ice cold glass for draft
In my limited experience, the hostess bars are generally the best at serving cold beers, keeping glasses in the fridge etc. Many of the "straight" bars do as Hanno says.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Be carefull in hostess bars, if you are surrounded by 4 hot chics, the beer will boil quickly !!
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:10 pm
If you like your beer piss warm, then. yes (how many venues seem to like to serve it in PP, much to my dismay). Lagers, Pilsner, wheat beer should be served at 2 - 7 Celsius, 20 degrees is even too warm for a red wine.
Really? I suppose it depends on the place you drink, most of the places I go have an ice cold glass for draft
In my limited experience, the hostess bars are generally the best at serving cold beers, keeping glasses in the fridge etc. Many of the "straight" bars do as Hanno says.
I dont go to hostess bars. But I do go to cheap beer places that serve cold beer.

Do we have an example of a bar that serves warm/not cold beer? I think they should be named and shamed!

I know most if not all of the craft beer places dont serve cold glasses, but for cheap local draft it nearly always is
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

During the last week, I had warm beer at Craft, Kravanh Restaurant (a restaurant that bills itself as a upscale, fine dining restaurant), and Le Moon.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Freightdog wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:41 pm We should be drinking Sangria. At least with the fruit it’s a healthy option.

I think it’s sadly missing on riverside.
Can get Sangria at a few places. Not Riverside, to my knowledge.
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

hanno wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:02 pm
During the last week, I had warm beer at Craft, Kravanh Restaurant (a restaurant that bills itself as a upscale, fine dining restaurant), and Le Moon.
Ah ok. Yes, it does seem the more upscale you go in PP, the warmer the beer gets.

Stick to the cheap ones and you won’t go far wrong (particularly Cambodian run joints)
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Strong Wind Warning
Cambodia News, Phnom Penh: On February 25, 2023,Mr. Chan Yutha, Spokesman and Secretary of State of the Ministry of Water Resources and Meteorology, said that during the period from February 25 to February 28, Cambodia will be affected by the pressure of the north-east monsoon over China, causing strong winds in some areas, especially offshore.

A spokesman for the ministry said: "Along with the northeastern monsoon winds, the temperature in the highlands will drop by two to three degrees Celsius at night and in the morning. The weather will return to normal after February 28".
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

It's Hot! Authorities Urge People to Drink More.
Cambodia News: Hot temperatures are forecast for April 2-4, 2023, affected by a low pressure zone over China.
Such a situation will make:

1-Central lowlands:
- Minimum temperature is 23-25 ° C
Maximum temperature is 35-37 ° C

2-Highlands:
- Minimum temperature is 24-26 ° C
Maximum temperature is 35-37 ° C

3-Coastal area:
- Minimum temperature is 24-26 ° C
Maximum temperature is 33-35 ° C

There may be light to moderate rain mixed with thunder and gusts of wind.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
cautious colin
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by cautious colin »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:24 pm It's Hot! Authorities Urge People to Drink More.
As long as it’s not tap water?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic