Corticosteroid injection

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Re: Corticosteroid injection

Post by Gazzy »

Been before to Phnom Penh Physio. Was something like $50 for first visit and $45 for follow up visits. The treatment was really good. Was for a different ailment. Guess I'll go back.
2sevensclash
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by 2sevensclash »

Lemondropkid
Tourist
Ireland

Post by Lemondropkid »

Gazzy wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:25 pm Suffering acute shoulder pain for 3 days. Tried otc painkillers which haven't done much. Wondered if anyone has had a corticosteroid injection before and how was the experience? What kind of price and where in PP to get it?
Many thanks.
Had a corticosteroid injection into my shoulder joint in the UK bettween Xmas and New Year.

It was prompted by a doctors referral in the UK, where the doctor thought I'd torn a rotator cuff muscle. A brief set of arm raises (or lack of) from the physio diagnosed it as a frozen shoulder.

My arm was very painful for around 24 hours after the injection, Then the injection really helped to take down the level of pain. I was given a set of rehab exercises, they have bought a lot of moment back into the shoulder.

I'd tried prior to the physio icing the injury and using ibuphren gel. The ice helped intially but the pain killer made no impact. The pain got worse and could hardly move my arm.

Go see a decent physio
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic