Metal Gate needed.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Metal Gate needed.

Post by Freightdog »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:31 am
Freightdog wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:27 am Is the metal gate spec an absolute? Could it be wood, or would the wood get nibbled? Or is metal required because it’s easier to electrify?

All jesting aside, could you handle cobbling something together? Aliexpress have pet gates and baby gates, and separately, spring loaded door closers.
Wood would do, however metal is easier to obtain. I never thought of electrification but I think, on balance, it might go terribly wrong. I might get one of the tuks downstairs to take a look. They never fail to impress with their 'can-do' attitude.

Someone on floor 2 already has such a gate, so I can point to it, point to where I want my one, then raise my voice until he understands.
And use shorter words than I do, just in case they think you want a space rocket.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic