Those Living Cheaply Under a Grand

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Re: Those Living Cheaply Under a Grand

Post by OrangeDragon »

kiwiincambodia wrote:We're talking about a grand a week right?
That's even excessive for me... if you can burn a grand a week in cambodia you must LOVE the food at Raffles.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

OrangeDragon wrote:
That's even excessive for me... if you can burn a grand a week in cambodia you must LOVE the food at Raffles.
With my bar bills you would be surprised.

To clarify I've never been to raffles.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

You know, I'm in trouble because of what I spent in Phnom Penh this last week. 2 particular nights where my tabs topped $150. The missus is not amused... but man I sure was while it was happening, lol.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

OrangeDragon wrote:You know, I'm in trouble because of what I spent in Phnom Penh this last week. 2 particular nights where my tabs topped $150. The missus is not amused... but man I sure was while it was happening, lol.
That's the point really.

It is actually quite easy to spend a lot of money on a night in the town here if you are not selecting places based solely on price.

I must have gone through $250 + on Wednesday with the state of origin and then out on the town after. Of course it dosn't help when you are on the piss for just under 12 hours.
OrangeDragon
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by OrangeDragon »

That's what I tried to explain to her... 6pm to 8am means a lot of drinks. and when a number of them are $3 beers or $4 mixers... shit adds up quick.
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

Sure does mate but she will never understand that.

Don't worry I'm in the dog house with the wife every weekend for the exact same reason.
Satiated Parrot
Expatriate
Armenia

Post by Satiated Parrot »

OrangeDragon wrote:
I don't even spend that in Singapore!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk
kiwiincambodia
Expatriate
Korea North

Post by kiwiincambodia »

[q uote="Satiated Parrot"]
OrangeDragon wrote:
I don't even spend that in Singapore!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk[/quote]

You could easily though.

Just because you can have a night out for cheap does not mean you have to.

Enjoy life, live it up a little.

I'm not saying it happens every week but if I want to go out for a session and spend a couple of hundred on piss, why the fuck not. If I can afford it I will enjoy it.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Milord »

phuketrichard wrote:...

One does not argue with 15 year olds with Ak47!!

You're right!

Driving at night through the desert in Afghanistan our truck (war surplus 4 1/2 ton Bedford troop carrier) which had poor headlights and next to none brakes, drove through a Military checkpoint.

You know those gates made of Tube steel acted like window wipers to the Soldiers standing there behind it with their Hands Up, like we had a hope in hell of stopping.

Well they were pissed. This is just after the Coup over turning the 1st King, tensions were high, and a Mob of "soldiers" with AK's chased after us.
StroppyChops
The Missionary Man
Australia

Post by StroppyChops »

Milord wrote:Driving at night through the desert in Afghanistan our truck (war surplus 4 1/2 ton Bedford troop carrier) which had poor headlights and next to none brakes, drove through a Military checkpoint.

You know those gates made of Tube steel acted like window wipers to the Soldiers standing there behind it with their Hands Up, like we had a hope in hell of stopping.

Well they were pissed. This is just after the Coup over turning the 1st King, tensions were high, and a Mob of "soldiers" with AK's chased after us.
:popcorn: do tell...
Bodge: This ain't Kansas, and the neighbours ate Toto!
Locked Previous topicNext topic