Entering KoW for 3 month stay with 3 blank pages

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Entering KoW for 3 month stay with 3 blank pages

Post by armchairlawyer »

Asking for a friend. Is this possible? Ideally wants 1 year ER EoS, is over 55.
UK passport - 3 blank pages. No current Cambodia visa or EoS.
Wants to stay for 3 months.
Would like to do a side trip to Thailand but not essential.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Entering KoW for 3 month stay with 3 blank pages

Post by phuketrichard »

Hmm lets see:
visa for 1 month, full page
entry stamp on the next page, 1/6th page
extension for 1 month, 3, 6,12 full page
apply for new passport
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Never having to do a Visa before I was surprised that they used three (3) full pages in passport; entry stamp, Ordinary Visa, ER Extension Visa. Being ignorant I thought I would only be using two (2) pages.

And of course they didn’t use front/back of pages.
Last edited by Kenr on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I think that's the bare minimum required, but why create a potentially stressful situation? Just apply for a new passport before leaving.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Alex wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:45 pm I think that's the bare minimum required, but why create a potentially stressful situation? Just apply for a new passport before leaving.
No time. He's not in the UK.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

@PSD-Kiwi Can you comment please?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Officially you are required to have a minimum 3 blank VISA pages to enter Cambodia, and minimum 2 blank VISA pages when applying for an Extension of Stay.

1 full page for VOA + 1/6th page for Entry Stamp = 1 blank page left

Get a new passport
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Good luck with that, a friend got a new UK passport recently, it took about 18 weeks to arrive.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:59 pm
Alex wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:45 pm I think that's the bare minimum required, but why create a potentially stressful situation? Just apply for a new passport before leaving.
Let's hope, for his sake, that his retirement plans aren't this piss-poor in general!

To say something a bit more constructive, can't he apply for a new passport wherever he is now? I get mine in Bangkok and it takes about two weeks, now I do realize that the UK is a failing state and all, but I've read somewhere that processing times are a bit more reasonable now than they were last year, so it might be worth looking into it.
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Bluenose »

Alex wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:11 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:59 pm
Let's hope, for his sake, that his retirement plans aren't this piss-poor in general!

To say something a bit more constructive, can't he apply for a new passport wherever he is now? I get mine in Bangkok and it takes about two weeks, now I do realize that the UK is a failing state and all, but I've read somewhere that processing times are a bit more reasonable now than they were last year, so it might be worth looking into it.
As previously mentioned, you cannot obtain UK passports from Embassies, it is done only through the UK Passport Office which is still advising to allow 10 weeks even if you are in the UK to start with.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic