She is just better than me at some things.

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: She is just better than me at some things.

Post by Freightdog »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:01 pm
Freightdog wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:11 pm
Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:31 pm
Yobbo wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 12:24 pm
They have put her on a drip & haven't tested for corona. She may as well stayed home & drank plenty of water.
It's true, but she probably wouldn't have done it. Cambodians for some reason do not drink a lot of water, even when recommended. And they have full faith in the drip.
Really?
It’s one thing that I’ve noticed to the contrary among my lot. I’m frequently criticized for not drinking enough. (Obviously, I point out the obvious error in their thinking, to which I’m reminded that G&T is not in the spirit…)
Assuming your question isn't a rhetoric one... Yes, really. I guess your lot are not the average, mainstream Cambodians.
Not a rhetorical question at all. Drinking water with meals and frequently in between is quite normal, as well as the TukTuk drivers that we know. Hence the observation comes as a surprise.

The drip- well, for most there that this is hydration. The word serum being quite misleading in this regard.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

They have put her on a drip & haven't tested for corona. She may as well stayed home & drank plenty of water.
It's true, but she probably wouldn't have done it. Cambodians for some reason do not drink a lot of water, even when recommended. And they have full faith in the drip.
Really?
It’s one thing that I’ve noticed to the contrary among my lot. I’m frequently criticized for not drinking enough. (Obviously, I point out the obvious error in their thinking, to which I’m reminded that G&T is not in the spirit…)
Was just about to comment the same, my wife and her family only ever drink water, and lots of it, except when drinking beer....I'm always getting berated for not drinking enough water, my comeback is that there's plenty of water in beer.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:00 pm
Really?
Was just about to comment the same, my wife and her family only ever drink water, and lots of it, except when drinking beer....I'm always getting berated for not drinking enough water, my comeback is that there's plenty of water in beer.
My missus rarely drinks water. I'm sure she does sometimes but I drink up to 3l on a regular day and frequently bug her about this
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

drinking water is a must do in a hot climate>
the color of ones piss will easily tell you if your drinking enough

"Urine from a healthy person should be light yellow or clear, indicating proper hydration."
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:42 pm drinking water is a must do in a hot climate>
the color of ones piss will easily tell you if your drinking enough

"Urine from a healthy person should be light yellow or clear, indicating proper hydration."
Once got told by some expert , doesn't matter how much you piss as long as it's clear, drink lots of water
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

Worked offshore in the Middle East. On one job, there was a urine color chart on the wall above the urinals to determine if you were properly hydrated or not.
Gary Small
Expatriate

Post by Gary Small »

So you didn't take the boosters?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I worked there pre Covid.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic