Thai Expert warns of mRNA jab link to acute heart issues

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Re: Thai Expert warns of mRNA jab link to acute heart issues

Post by hburns »

General Mackevili wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:23 pm
I don't believe anyone who's logical has a problem with advice changing "based on new scientific evidence," but many people think the advice changed WITHOUT the scientific evidence changing first.

Did the science laugh at wearing a mask, then say we need to double mask? Did the science tell us to ban people from sitting on the beaches alone and then tell us we should all be getting outside in the sunshine? Did the science tell us to close down all schools for 2 years and then tell us maybe we shouldn't have done that?
I always thought the reason for initially saying masks weren't important was because of the massive lack of PPE and governments wanting to make sure that medical staff had the best chance of access to it. Then when supplies stabilised, masks were said to be important.

There were a lot of mistakes made and hopefully lessons will be learned for the future. I don't think the mistakes came from an intentionally bad place though. Incompetence and lack of planning for such events played a huge part in my view. Trying to manage humans and all our flaws no doubt had an effect on the narrative given to us. Just look at the early days when a minority cleaned all the shop shelves out of toilet paper. Imagine how people would have reacted had we been told this is most likely an engineered virus designed as a possible weapon that's escaped from a lab in China.

As far as vaccines, all vaccines and medication have side effects and risk. They are given approval because the benefits outweigh the risks. Unless all the figures from deaths are a lie then the vaccines undoubtedly reduced the death rate and number of people needing treatment in intensive care. Time will tell with these vaccines which is why some are against them, I understand that but some people are just looking for anything to use to justify there anti vax stance, many of whom were part of the it's all a lie, there are no patients in hospital camp.

On my earlier point about mistakes, I'm not talking about some of the greedy fooks who took advantage of the situation to make a ton of money of which there were plenty.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Fauci has become the target of politics, and people pissed off about everything that has happened as a result of covid IMO - lockdowns, economy going to shit etc. And he was the one stuck in the difficult place where he had to tell a president and population who didn't want to hear it that there really was a global pandemic, it really was spreading quickly, it really did have the potential to kill millions and crash our health systems and it really was an emergency situation requiring urgent action. People started attacking the messenger when he told them that, as there was currently no vaccine or anything to fight the brand new virus the only way we had of avoiding catastrophe was trying to contain the spread, just like every other pandemic or disease throughout history. That meant lockdowns and understandably people didn't like it, but that doesn't change how a virus operates and the impact it has on the population. There's a force of nature happening, it's going to have inevitable consequences, this is how we can try to fight it and mitigate the harm it does - if you don't like that don't shoot the messenger, that's just how it works.

Countries in Asia were having good results in containing the spread of covid, people suggested it was because they were wearing masks but that was pretty much mocked in western countries, nobody wanted to wear a mask. At the same time there was a global shortage of medical supplies like masks - I remember reading that the US was discouraging mask use for a time because the worry was that if the population started buying masks en masse there would be nothing available for health workers, who were the ones most in need of masks. People were also asking how could a mask work when a virus is much smaller than the weave of the fabric on a mask, it would be like trying to catch sand in a fishing net. It was a reasonable question and eventually researchers found that the masks didn't stop the virus itself, they stopped the airborne moisture that the virus traveled on and that masks were indeed very successful in helping preventing the spread of covid. By now the damage was done though, people who were anti any covid measure started talking about how the scientists kept changing their minds and blah blah... here we are today.

As for vaccines and the lack of long-term testing... it was an emergency situation, waiting 10 -15 years to see if there would be any possible long-term effects isn't much of an option when you have a pandemic happening today.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

Random Dude wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:21 am Fauci has become the target of politics, and people pissed off about everything that has happened as a result of covid IMO - lockdowns, economy going to shit etc. And he was the one stuck in the difficult place where he had to tell a president and population who didn't want to hear it that there really was a global pandemic, it really was spreading quickly, it really did have the potential to kill millions and crash our health systems and it really was an emergency situation requiring urgent action. People started attacking the messenger when he told them that, as there was currently no vaccine or anything to fight the brand new virus the only way we had of avoiding catastrophe was trying to contain the spread, just like every other pandemic or disease throughout history. That meant lockdowns and understandably people didn't like it, but that doesn't change how a virus operates and the impact it has on the population. There's a force of nature happening, it's going to have inevitable consequences, this is how we can try to fight it and mitigate the harm it does - if you don't like that don't shoot the messenger, that's just how it works.

Countries in Asia were having good results in containing the spread of covid, people suggested it was because they were wearing masks but that was pretty much mocked in western countries, nobody wanted to wear a mask. At the same time there was a global shortage of medical supplies like masks - I remember reading that the US was discouraging mask use for a time because the worry was that if the population started buying masks en masse there would be nothing available for health workers, who were the ones most in need of masks. People were also asking how could a mask work when a virus is much smaller than the weave of the fabric on a mask, it would be like trying to catch sand in a fishing net. It was a reasonable question and eventually researchers found that the masks didn't stop the virus itself, they stopped the airborne moisture that the virus traveled on and that masks were indeed very successful in helping preventing the spread of covid. By now the damage was done though, people who were anti any covid measure started talking about how the scientists kept changing their minds and blah blah... here we are today.

As for vaccines and the lack of long-term testing... it was an emergency situation, waiting 10 -15 years to see if there would be any possible long-term effects isn't much of an option when you have a pandemic happening today.
Sounds like a similar situation we had in the UK, only our ‘Fauci’ was the then Health Secretary, Matt Hancock. I’m not denying that he didn’t make mistakes along the way, or that there were times when he was, at best incompetent, and at worst, clearly out of his depth, but there was a time when you could have been forgiven for assuming that he was solely responsible for the global outbreak while sitting in his secret hideaway bunker, out to kill off as much of the British population as he could get away with.

A lot of what you wrote in your post went through my mind also, in that, when people are faced with an unprecedented, unimaginably horrific event such as a deadly global viral outbreak, of which they have absolutely no control over, I guess it’s human nature to attack the messenger, if only to get some kind of sense that you are in fact doing something about it, no matter how irrelevant it may be.

I freely accept that all governments around the world made mistakes when dealing with Covid. Some of them more serious than others. But it’s unrealistic to assume that when something like Covid comes along, that governments have a fully detailed plan which can be carried out with military precision and save everyone’s life, so we can all live happily ever after. Politicians are just as human and fallible as you or I, and while mistakes were made and incompetence surfaced, I don’t believe that any of it was done with malicious intent. We will always be able to say that ‘this plan’ or ‘that plan’ would have worked better or ‘so-and-so’ would have done a better job, but hindsight is a wonderful thing as they say and perhaps, hopefully, next time, we will be better equipped.

I think we have to be careful as a society as to just how much criticism we lay at the feet of our leaders when it comes to events such as Covid. I still prefer my leaders to be guided by their advisers who have extensive knowledge and professional experience in the field they are advising on, even if they sometimes get it wrong, rather than be guided by the armchair virologists in the Court of Twitter, always fearful of being ripped apart, piece by piece, for making the tiniest of mistakes.

Incidentally, for the non-Brits, Matt Hancock recently went on a popular reality TV show in the UK and although he started out as a hate figure (as I said, personally responsible for the whole global pandemic in many people's minds) and was hugely criticised in the press for going on it, he surprised everyone by turning out to actually be quite a nice, normal guy. Almost human, apparently. I didn’t watch it myself, but I think he came third place out of twelve or so.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Latest news.

Uk gov has signed a multi billion pound deal with Moderna. For a 10 year contract to supply 250 million doses of mRNA vaxs here in the UK
Australia and Canada also are getting their own Moderna sites.
This from a company who have only successfully ever launched to market 2 products. The 2 types of mRNA vax. And only then because they were given emergency use authorisation.
Rishi our pm worked for a company in his banking days that had 500 million investment in the firm. Who knows what he and his Mrs has invested now.

At the very best it looks crooked as fuck.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
CaptainCanuck
Expatriate
Canada

Post by CaptainCanuck »

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Silence, exile, and cunning.
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

John Bingham wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:42 pm Image
The vaccinated dead.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

xandreu wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:54 pm
Random Dude wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 1:21 am Fauci has become the target of politics, and people pissed off about everything that has happened as a result of covid IMO - lockdowns, economy going to shit etc. And he was the one stuck in the difficult place where he had to tell a president and population who didn't want to hear it that there really was a global pandemic, it really was spreading quickly, it really did have the potential to kill millions and crash our health systems and it really was an emergency situation requiring urgent action. People started attacking the messenger when he told them that, as there was currently no vaccine or anything to fight the brand new virus the only way we had of avoiding catastrophe was trying to contain the spread, just like every other pandemic or disease throughout history. That meant lockdowns and understandably people didn't like it, but that doesn't change how a virus operates and the impact it has on the population. There's a force of nature happening, it's going to have inevitable consequences, this is how we can try to fight it and mitigate the harm it does - if you don't like that don't shoot the messenger, that's just how it works.

Sounds like a similar situation we had in the UK, only our ‘Fauci’ was the then Health Secretary, Matt Hancock. I’m not denying that he didn’t make mistakes along the way, or that there were times when he was, at best incompetent, and at worst, clearly out of his depth, but there was a time when you could have been forgiven for assuming that he was solely responsible for the global outbreak while sitting in his secret hideaway bunker, out to kill off as much of the British population as he could get away with.

He was just the Secretary of State for Health and a hapless twat appointed for loyalty to Boris Johnson. Everyone was fully aware he knew jackshit about health, medicine or virology. He didn't even seem to know his office had cameras in it, all the while filming him snogging his assistant :facepalm: This is what ended his tenure at the DoH.

Our equivalent of Fauci was Sir Patrick Vallance who was our Chief Scientific Advisor and Professor Chris Whitty, our Chief Medical Officer. They were the ones that people placed their trust in, not Hancock.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Christine Grady on Wikipedia >> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Grady

Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Username Taken wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:57 pm Image

Christine Grady on Wikipedia >> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Grady

Ummm, yeah, well no. Don't think so. Nope. No. Not actually true, Elon.
Spoiler:
Just more BS from EM.
FACT CHECKS
Fact Check
Did Christine Grady Personally Approve the Pfizer Vaccine?
The wife of Dr. Anthony Fauci is also the chief of bioethics at the National Institutes of Health.
Madison Dapcevich

Claim: Dr. Christine Grady, who is married to Dr. Anthony Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, is also the chief of bioethics for the National Institutes of Health and personally gave final approval of the Pfizer vaccine to fight COVID-19.
Rating: False

Context
Dr. Christine Grady is indeed married to Dr. Anthony Fauci, and she is chief of bioethics at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center and a member of the NIH research community. However, the authority to issue emergency use authorizations and approvals (EUA) of vaccines lies with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, not the NIH. In a statement to Snopes, the NIH said that Grady does not approve the conduct of any research protocol, and she has no input into the FDA process for issuing EUAs.
Details: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/chris ... r-vaccine/

FACT CHECK: Is Anthony Fauci’s Wife Involved In Approving COVID-19 Vaccines?
3:11 PM 09/06/2021 Elias Atienza | Fact Check Reporter
A video shared on Facebook claims Christine Grady, the wife of White House medical adviser Anthony Fauci, is involved in the approval of COVID-19 vaccines.

Verdict: False
Grady, who works for the National Institutes of Health (NIH), is not involved with the approval process of COVID-19 vaccines. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) handles the approval of vaccines, not the NIH.

Fact Check:
The FDA approved Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine for use among people ages 16 and older Aug. 23. Following the vaccine’s approval, Facebook posts have surfaced claiming Grady, who works for the NIH, is involved in the process of approving such vaccines.
“Everyone knows who this is, right? This is Christine Grady. She is the head of NIH, and anybody who knows about NIH knows NIH are the people who approve which jabs the FDA are gonna approve for vaccination on humans, right?” the person in the video alleges. The person goes on to claim, “So Dr. Fauci’s wife is the person who approves vaccinations for the FDA.”
The video’s claims, however, don’t hold up under scrutiny. For starters, Grady is not the head of the NIH, but rather the chief of Bioethics at the NIH Clinical Center. Dr. Francis Collins has served as the director of the NIH since 2009, according to his biography on the agency’s website.

The NIH is not the agency that grants emergency use authorization or approval for vaccines. Rather, the FDA is the one that has the regulatory authority to do so, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. The FDA has “oversight of the safety, effectiveness and quality of vaccines that are used in the United States,” the agency says on its own website.

Vaccines go through an approval process that includes, among other steps, conducting clinical trials, submitting a Biologics License Application to the FDA and presenting findings to the FDA’s Vaccines and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee, according to the CDC website. The FDA monitors the safety and effectiveness of vaccines after they have received FDA approval as well, the FDA’s website states.

“Dr. Grady does not approve the conduct of any research protocol and she has no input into the FDA process for issuing EUAs,” NIH Clinical Center spokesperson Maria Maslennikov told Check Your Fact via email. “The authority to issue emergency use authorizations (EUA) and approvals lies with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), not the NIH.”
https://checkyourfact.com/2021/09/06/fa ... -vaccines/

Fact check: Posts falsely link Fauci's wife to FDA vaccine approval and testing
McKenzie Sadeghi
USA TODAY
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 616304001/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic