Thai princess collapses from heart condition, palace says

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
daiquiri
Expatriate
Germany

Thai princess collapses from heart condition, palace says

Post by daiquiri »

The Thai King's eldest daughter collapsed from a heart condition on Wednesday evening, Thailand's royal palace says.

Princess Bajrakitiyabha, the eldest daughter of King Vajiralongkorn, collapsed while training her dogs north-east of Bangkok, the palace said.

The 44-year-old was taken to a nearby hospital, then taken by helicopter to Bangkok, where she is being treated.

The palace described her condition last night as "stable to a certain extent".

Medical bulletins from the royal palace in Thailand are typically vague and cryptic, and from the single statement issued about Princess Bajrakitiyabha, it is difficult to gauge how serious her condition is, says the BBC's Jonathan Head in Bangkok.

The statement says nothing about her state of health now. Some reports have suggested it is a lot more serious than stated.

The princess is the daughter of the king's first wife Princess Soamsawali, and his eldest child. She has been a part of her father's innermost circle since he succeeded King Bhumibol in 2016, and has been made a senior officer in the king's personal guard.

She is the most visibly accomplished of the inner royal circle, with post-graduate degrees in law from two US universities.

King Vajiralongkorn has not yet named an heir to the throne, but Princess Bajrakitiyabha is widely viewed as the most suitable successor.

Being one of the king's three children who have formal titles, she is eligible for the throne under a 1924 Palace Law of Succession.

She is a fitness enthusiast and also has a long record of advocating penal reform in Thailand.

She is especially vocal for female prisoners, of which Thailand has one of the world's highest populations.

She was Thailand's ambassador to Austria from 2012 to 2014.

Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-63983803
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thai princess collapses from heart condition, palace says

Post by pissontheroof »

i was just thinking about something like this the other day seeing the billboards with the new king on them everywhere
whatever happened to bhumibones chubby daughter ?
she was pretty cool when i lived my young days in the kingdom
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:50 am i was just thinking about something like this the other day seeing the billboards with the new king on them everywhere
whatever happened to bhumibones chubby daughter ?
she was pretty cool when i lived my young days in the kingdom
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pootylicious
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pootylicious »

Was she vaxxed? She mightve had one of those Made in America covid vaccines
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Certainly casts even more uncertainty over the next Royal succession.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Although the press and monarchy is reporting she is in the hospital recovering
Andrew Marshall is reporting otherwise on Twitter.

In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

phuketrichard wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 7:37 am Although the press and monarchy is reporting she is in the hospital recovering
Andrew Marshall is reporting otherwise on Twitter.
Thanks for letting us all in on what Andrew Marshall was reporting.

CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

According to this news item, the Princess Bajrakitiyabha is being kept alive by artificial means, using life support machines, but the chances of a recovery are unlikely at this stage:

Princess next in line to Thai throne 'dies' after suddenly collapsing walking her dogs
Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand was out walking her dogs when she suffered a heart attack - she is now being kept on life support while officials decide what to do
ByAdam Cailler
09:24, 15 DEC 2022Updated09:28, 15 DEC 2022

A Thai Princess is being 'artificially kept alive' on life support after suffering a heart attack while out walking her dog. Princess Bajrakitiyabha of Thailand is next in line to the Thai throne.

She was out with her dog in Kaho Yai national park last night (December 14) when she suffered the attack, before being air lifted to a nearby hospital - with her father, King Maha Vajiralongkorn, flown there shortly after.

Local news is reporting that she was given CPR for more than an hour, but is now “unlikely to recover”.

Journalist Andrew Marhsall, who broke the news, tweeted: “Several royal sources say Princess Bajrakitiyabha suffered a heart attack today while running with her dogs in Khao Yai national park. “Her father King Vajiralongkorn rushed there in a helicopter.

“Some sources are saying that despite CPR being carried out for more than an hour, there was no response and she has been put on an ECMO machine, which basically means she is dead but being artificially kept alive.

“She is just 44 so it’s very unusual that she would have heart failure but this is what my sources are telling me.”

“Royal sources say the prognosis for the princess is very grim and it’s very unlikely she will ever recover, but she could potentially be kept artificially alive via ECMO for weeks or even months while the regime figures out what to do.”
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world- ... e-28737679
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
khmerovitch
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by khmerovitch »

I've got a feeling it's heart attack season, again

She died yesterday and the CIA's flying monkeys are already propagandizing her death

RIP Princess
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

if you follow Andrew, you'll know he is persona non grata in Thailand ( and was charged with lèse majesté ) as his writings dont reflect always positively on the monarchy

His book is a well written insight into the monarchy in Thailand, ( currently banned in Thailand)
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic