Online Lotion Seller Shows Off New Ferrari

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Online Lotion Seller Shows Off New Ferrari

Post by xandreu »

I have no problem with people getting rich. Good on them.

But when I see images like this, especially coming out of countries like Cambodia, is that I just wish it had a much fairer and more responsible tax system. Cambodia is not a poor country. Its wealth is just poorly distributed.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:19 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:11 pm There's $$$$ to be made selling online it seems..

Take Madam Bra of Facebook fame for instance..now sells more than just bras with hair care products and wierd products like nipple hiders, undersole of feet detox pads et al.

Anyway, business must be doing good coz not only has she also opened a bricks and mortar shop but hubby and her have just upgraded to a luxo mansion with the mandatory Range Rover in Borey Phnom Penh Thmey.
With the kind support from the Armed Forces.

That plate saved them 50-60k in taxes.
The Plate and Husbands army job would have been paid with from the cream cash, not the other way around..
kgbagent
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by kgbagent »

Real source of income from the personalised plates?

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

That looks like the same car but with different plates? Anyway I don't want to get into chicken and egg arguments but something is not quite right here.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 11:54 pm That looks like the same car but with different plates? Anyway I don't want to get into chicken and egg arguments but something is not quite right here.
Maybe they have one each?
work is for people who cant find truffles
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 5:29 pm
Clutch Cargo wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:35 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:24 pm
CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:30 pm

What the fuck happened to her face?
She looks much better here:
I think the answer lies in....she doesn't want to show her teeth.. :la_rose:
I was referring more to her nose, eyes and chin all of which appear to have been ̶a̶u̶g̶m̶e̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ botched badly

Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by LoukBongThom »

xandreu wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 10:57 am I have no problem with people getting rich. Good on them.

But when I see images like this, especially coming out of countries like Cambodia, is that I just wish it had a much fairer and more responsible tax system. Cambodia is not a poor country. Its wealth is just poorly distributed.
I am sure the authority understands this well, but the intention is to keep this way. They know who will get impacted negatively the most if implemented fairly.
angkorjohn2
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by angkorjohn2 »

It appears this young lady has been arrested

"Primary News!
The famous online metongtin Ms. Ern Molika was arrested by the Phnom Penh police at 12:35 pm on December 12, 2022 by the command of H.E. Chreng Khmao, the judge of the First Primary School of Phnom Penha, Phnom penh city, at 12:37 pm. O. Y. Y. As of December 15, 2022 in relation to non-compliance with tradeable tools."

https://thekhmerpress.com/news/76436?fb ... HZGnwc97Ec

ImageImage

I wonder if she is the same person as this very similar spelling/sounding name post568622.html#p568622
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

angkorjohn2 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:05 pm I wonder if she is the same person as this very similar spelling/sounding name post568622.html#p568622
Very probable indeed - the link to Khmer Press you shared in your original post shows a few pictures of a white BMW i8. I suppose fixing the airbags is the least of worries as the body is made of CFRP (carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic). Airbag units get stolen from new vehicles because of this high cost for replacement...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_i8
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): According to preliminary information from the Phnom Penh Armed Forces, one of Cambodia's most famous online sellers, Oeun Molika, was arrested by the Phnom Penh Military Police at 15:25 on December 14, 2022 according to the arrest warrant of Mr. Chreung Khmao, Prosecutor of the Phnom Penh Municipal Court, No. 563 ECCC, dated 12 December 2022, regarding the case of non-fulfilment of obligations for tradable instruments. [ie. No money to pay outstanding debts.]
Notably, Oeun Molika, a former singer, took a break from the arts and turned to online sales. After being a big online player for a while, suddenly at the end of November this year, Ms. Oeun Molika was declared bankrupt, which surprised the public, because she often flaunted huge wads of cash on social media, supposedly worth tens of millions of dollars(sic). She also posed with expensive cars and designer clothing worth tens of thousands of US dollars.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic