Unidentified Man Found Dead on Russian Boulevard, Phnom Penh

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Unidentified Man Found Dead on Russian Boulevard, Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Saturday, December 10th, 2022
Cambodia News, (Phnom Penh): (Preliminary information) At 9:40 am on December 10, 2022, the body of an unidentified man was found dead on the pavement, causing a surprise along the Russian Federation Boulevard, Sangkat Kakap I, Khan Por Senchey, Phnom Penh.

Immediately after some citizens reported the finding, local authorities went to check the body and remove it. The reason for the man's death is not yet known.

Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ShenayVince
Tourist
South Africa

Re: Unidentified Man Found Dead on Russian Boulevard, Phnom Penh

Post by ShenayVince »

Hello
My father has been in Cambodia for almost 6 years and was living on the streets and in a bad health condition. I lost contact with him a long time ago but I never knew if he had passed away. I am always checking the local news there to see if any bodies have been found. Please someone help me. Is there more information on this post?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

ShenayVince wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:23 pm Hello
My father has been in Cambodia for almost 6 years and was living on the streets and in a bad health condition. I lost contact with him a long time ago but I never knew if he had passed away. I am always checking the local news there to see if any bodies have been found. Please someone help me. Is there more information on this post?
As they did not mention that it was a foreigner it's likely that this was a local person who was found dead

What's your father's name?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

ShenayVince wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:23 pm Hello
What is your father's Name, Nationality and do you have any pictures of him?

Highly unlikely this article would be your father, whenever there's any news about foreigners the media mention that it was a foreigner. If you share the details asked above, hopefully members of the group may be able to assist and/or shed some light on your father's status.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I sometimes see derelict looking foreigners laying about but not so many as a few years ago. I'm reluctant to engage with them in case they are crazy. What does your guy look like?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ShenayVince
Tourist
South Africa

Post by ShenayVince »

Thank you so much to all that have responded to my initial post. It is much appreciated. My dad's name is Vincent Hendricks and he is in his late 50's, tall and was well built. He is covered in tattoos (arms, big tattoo on his back, legs) and has a bald head. I have no idea what area or part of Cambodia he is in now if he is still alive. It has been many years since I have heard from him. He got very sick and as a result lost his job as an English teacher there. He was living on the streets and overstayed his visa for many years. I have not been in a position to assist him financially.
It is very hard to try and make peace with what happened to him if I don't know whether he's dead or alive. Please someone help me.
ShenayVince
Tourist
South Africa

Post by ShenayVince »

My dad is South African. Mixed race complexion
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... tid=LQQJ4d

That profile has the same name and friends with only Khmer women, no pic of the guy though.
ShenayVince
Tourist
South Africa

Post by ShenayVince »

No way of knowing if it is him
ShenayVince
Tourist
South Africa

Post by ShenayVince »

If there is anybody on this platform who has any information about my dad by my description of him. Please please comment
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic