Places to work away from home?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Places to work away from home?

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Does anyone know of a place or places where I can use my computer and work outside of home? Of course Starbucks and similar cafes are an option. I just need a place to sit down and plug in and use my computer.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Re: Places to work away from home?

Post by Freightdog »

I have managed to get quite a lot of work done simply by parking myself in the corner bar at St144. Wi-fi is up to standard for some of the streamed content that i have had to access.

What I really need right now is a decent print scan shop that will allow me to do what I need, instead of sending everything to their account to manipulate. I don’t really want to buy a WiFi printer if I can avoid it.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

There are multiple co-working spaces around the town where you can rent a desk for day/week/month. Factory is my favourite. I think they offer even free week trial.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

Freightdog wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:43 am I have managed to get quite a lot of work done simply by parking myself in the corner bar at St144. Wi-fi is up to standard for some of the streamed content that i have had to access.

What I really need right now is a decent print scan shop that will allow me to do what I need, instead of sending everything to their account to manipulate. I don’t really want to buy a WiFi printer if I can avoid it.

Well, I guess that is an option. Yesterday I tried Starbucks which is also pretty noisy but at least its just background chatter.

Good luck with the print shop, that sound difficult!
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 3:18 pm There are multiple co-working spaces around the town where you can rent a desk for day/week/month. Factory is my favourite. I think they offer even free week trial.
Great, thanks, I didn't realize you could work at these co-working spaces for just a day or week- will check out Factory.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic