Mall Mania in Phnom Penh

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Mall Mania in Phnom Penh

Post by newsgatherer »

Before the deluge there was a nice little soup place in the food court at Olympia Mall. And the usual local street food offerings for the kids. It has the biggest escalator in the country. It's easy to spot which is a Khmer/Chinese mail, they have a Canadia Bank at a prominent location.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newsgatherer wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:35 am It's easy to spot which is a Khmer/Chinese mail, they have a Canadia Bank at a prominent location.
Besides the fact that Canadia is owned by Dr. Pung Kheav Se - a Sino/Khmer (Teochew ) I don't see the connection.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newsgatherer
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by newsgatherer »

That was my reference, that Canadia is Sino/Khmer. The whole place caters to the Chinese, it seems. But I like going to places like that, it's always been civilized and orderly in my view, and the Tom Yam was quite good.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:34 pm Third Aeon Mall Opening Soon in Phnom Penh
AEON MALL (Cambodia) Co., Ltd. was established in late 2011 and launched AEON MALL Phnom Penh, the first to welcome the customer in 2014, and the second mall, AEON MALL Sen Sok City, opened in mid-2018.

Therefore, AEON MALL (Cambodia) is honored to inform the public and valued customers that AEON MALL Mean Chey, the third and biggest shopping mall in Cambodia, will officially hold the Soft Opening on December 15th, 2022 to welcome and surprise customers with unexpectedness.
AEON MALL Mean Chey is located along Samdach HE Blvd (St. 60m), the South of Phnom Penh
AEON MALL Mean Chey
2 November ·
https://www.tiktok.com/@aeonmallmeanchey
The largest of them all! Did you know? AEON MALL Mean Chey has the largest land area for shopping mall in Cambodia which is more than 17 hectares.
UPDATE
Aeon opens one of its largest malls in ASEAN bloc in Cambodia
April 7, 2023 (Mainichi Japan)
PHNOM PENH (Kyodo) -- Aeon Co. opened another shopping mall on Friday in Cambodia, the largest among dozens of similar commercial complexes developed by the Japanese retailer in the Southeast Asian region.

Aeon Mall Corp. President Yasutsugu Iwamura is seen in this March 10, 2022, file photo. (Mainichi/Emi Aoki)

Aeon Mall Co. President Yasutsugu Iwamura said during a ceremony that he hopes the facility in the Cambodian capital Phnom Penh will contribute to the local economy. HM, the future Cambodian prime minister who presided over the event, expressed expectations for deepening economic ties between Cambodia and Japan.

The Aeon Mall Mean Chey spans about 174,000 square meters, accommodating a supermarket, some 250 tenants and entertainment facilities, such as movie theaters. It is the third Aeon Mall in Cambodia.
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20 ... bu/064000c
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

It's been open for months. I'm sure it's a fine facility but somehow I haven't felt the urge to go there yet.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:28 am It's been open for months. I'm sure it's a fine facility but somehow I haven't felt the urge to go there yet.
Yea opened Mid-December, went for a look end of January but there were still quite a few vacant store spaces then, takes about 10 minutes from my house to get there but there's a new road being built which will reduce that to about 2 minutes, hate going to malls but handy for when needed.
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

Soft launch in December and now had the officially opening ceremony. More shops/restaurants open now too. For someone with kids and living in southern part of the city it's a great place. They have free playground on 2nd floor. Best playground in Cambodia. Can get very crowded on weekends though.

There are three other "community" type malls under construction on 60m road. Wonder how long they can cope having the huge Aeon 3 and big Chip Mong malls within few kilometers each other.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:18 pm They have free playground on 2nd floor. Best playground in Cambodia.
Are you talking about the outdoor playground? It's not bad, best in Cambodia is a bit of stretch, but then again there aren't too many worthy contenders. Far too hot for kids to play on during the day as most of it is exposed to the sun, will be no good once the rains start either.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

rogerrabbit wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 6:18 pm Soft launch in December and now had the officially opening ceremony. More shops/restaurants open now too. For someone with kids and living in southern part of the city it's a great place. They have free playground on 2nd floor. Best playground in Cambodia. Can get very crowded on weekends though.

There are three other "community" type malls under construction on 60m road. Wonder how long they can cope having the huge Aeon 3 and big Chip Mong malls within few kilometers each other.
There is one Mall that never been completed on Russian Blvd, it was supposed to be the most fancy one in PP with brand name shops only.
Boredom is like a shroud
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I went in January, lots of space that hadn’t opened yet. Went again 2 weeks ago to watch a movie, still half empty.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic