Mall Mania in Phnom Penh

Whether you're a working stiff or a business owner yourself, this is the place to discuss all aspects of financing your drinking habit ;-)

NO BUSINESS SALES HERE PLEASE, WE HAVE A SECTION FOR THAT IN THE CLASSIFIEDS.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Mall Mania in Phnom Penh

Post by phuketrichard »

timmydownawell wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:04 pm
Strawberryshake wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:57 am Only places i see busy in malls are foodcourts, Supermarkets, cinemas, indoor playgrounds. So just make more of that. Not every street needs a mall.
Go to Bangkok or KL and the malls are always busy - here they're mostly deserted. Seems to me the malls here are lacking. You need to have a supermarket AND a food court AND cinemas as standard, plus some other large scale stores like Kfour or combined furniture/home electrics. Olympia Mall is the biggest fail in this regard.
i see no dif from Aeon 2 and the central malls in THailand, ( food court, supermarket, shops, restaurants, theater)
all offer the same things

problem in Cambodia is there only really in PP and there are to many, so no way can they be all be crowded>
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

phuketrichard wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:19 am
Strawberryshake wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:57 am Only places i see busy in malls are foodcourts, Supermarkets, cinemas, indoor playgrounds. So just make more of that. Not every street needs a mall.
Go to Bangkok or KL and the malls are always busy - here they're mostly deserted. Seems to me the malls here are lacking. You need to have a supermarket AND a food court AND cinemas as standard, plus some other large scale stores like Kfour or combined furniture/home electrics. Olympia Mall is the biggest fail in this regard.
i see no dif from Aeon 2 and the central malls in THailand, ( food court, supermarket, shops, restaurants, theater)

problem in Cambodia is there only really in PP and there are to many, so no way can they be all be crowded>
Sihanoukville have 2 and Siem Reap have one too. Within few years I'm sure Kampot and Battambang will have malls too.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:32 am

Sihanoukville have 2 and Siem Reap have one too. Within few years I'm sure Kampot and Battambang will have malls too.
are they as big/comparable to Aeon or central malls in THailand?

I know they are starting on one outside Kampot, but the rate there going could be 10 years till its done
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

phuketrichard wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:54 am
rogerrabbit wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:32 am

are they as big/comparable to Aeon or central malls in THailand?

I know they are starting on one outside Kampot, but the rate there going could be 10 years till its done
Yes, they are comparable in size with Central malls in smaller cities in Thailand. They have all the amenities, supermarket, cinema, food courts etc.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Third Aeon Mall Opening Soon in Phnom Penh
AEON MALL (Cambodia) Co., Ltd. was established in late 2011 and launched AEON MALL Phnom Penh, the first to welcome the customer in 2014, and the second mall, AEON MALL Sen Sok City, opened in mid-2018.

Therefore, AEON MALL (Cambodia) is honored to inform the public and valued customers that AEON MALL Mean Chey, the third and biggest shopping mall in Cambodia, will officially hold the Soft Opening on December 15th, 2022 to welcome and surprise customers with unexpectedness.
AEON MALL Mean Chey is located along Samdach HE Blvd (St. 60m), the South of Phnom Penh
AEON MALL Mean Chey
2 November ·
https://www.tiktok.com/@aeonmallmeanchey
The largest of them all! Did you know? AEON MALL Mean Chey has the largest land area for shopping mall in Cambodia which is more than 17 hectares.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
chriz_PP
Expatriate
China

Post by chriz_PP »

Would somebody be so kind to explain why it is called AEON mean chey? I was under the impression mean chey is street 2004 towards airport (from Russian market), which is pretty far away from that mall?!

edit: googlemaps enlightened me (interesting district shape)

John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Mean Chey is a large district in south Phnom Penh. It is about 20 times bigger than the old central Daun Penh district. I'll post a map later just to make this clear.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Olympia Mall is a ‘mall’ for the Khmer living in the apartment complex, run by Khmer management. Think local market with aircon. Not meant for tourists or non-locals. I visited a little after it opened and it was already looking run down from lack of maintenance. Two barang wandered in to see what the mall had to offer, and left feeling even more confused.

AEON is a international brand bringing the Japanese experience to Cambodia. No comparison.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

A mall is a Mall no matter what country your in, all the same set up and to be avoided as much as possible.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:35 am Olympia Mall is a ‘mall’ for the Khmer living in the apartment complex, run by Khmer management. Think local market with aircon. Not meant for tourists or non-locals. I visited a little after it opened and it was already looking run down from lack of maintenance. Two barang wandered in to see what the mall had to offer, and left feeling even more confused.

AEON is a international brand bringing the Japanese experience to Cambodia. No comparison.
Why do you keep bringing up Olympia Mall? Who even goes there? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic