Apartment wanted for 3 months phnom penh

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
hugh cameron
Tourist
New Zealand

Apartment wanted for 3 months phnom penh

Post by hugh cameron »

Budget $300 to 400

Central location and lift preferred
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Apartment wanted for 3 months phnom penh

Post by Chuck Borris »

Check in hotel for 2 night. Do selection of places, check them in person and then decide. I wouldn't do any commitments based online. Pictures may look good, but then maybe there is a construction site next door or maybe is building full of smoking spitters...
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

Chuck Borris wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 5:45 pm Check in hotel for 2 night. Do selection of places, check them in person and then decide. I wouldn't do any commitments based online. Pictures may look good, but then maybe there is a construction site next door or maybe is building full of smoking spitters...
Seem like common sense.
Boredom is like a shroud
hugh cameron
Tourist
New Zealand

Post by hugh cameron »

Thanks Chuck I am in Phnom Penh but not having much luck which is why I posted I am forced to extend the hotel I am looking for a place to rent as described
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

hugh cameron wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:37 pm Thanks Chuck I am in Phnom Penh but not having much luck which is why I posted I am forced to extend the hotel I am looking for a place to rent as described
As you seem like you may be new to Cambodia, I'll share that it seems that the housing market is now dominated by 1) Facebook and 2) agents. It should be easy to find something for three months if you use this method:

Join several facebook groups related to housing in Phnom Penh. The people posting on these groups are agents. Then you contact them and say that you are looking for a place for three months. You will find something quickly I think.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

daeum_tnaot wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:10 am
hugh cameron wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:37 pm Thanks Chuck I am in Phnom Penh but not having much luck which is why I posted I am forced to extend the hotel I am looking for a place to rent as described
As you seem like you may be new to Cambodia, I'll share that it seems that the housing market is now dominated by 1) Facebook and 2) agents. It should be easy to find something for three months if you use this method:

Join several facebook groups related to housing in Phnom Penh. The people posting on these groups are agents. Then you contact them and say that you are looking for a place for three months. You will find something quickly I think.
Fully agree. I contacted agents as I will move to PP soon with the specifications of what I am looking for. I received at least 20 offers and will start checking them out in person next week.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

hanno wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:15 pm

Fully agree. I contacted agents as I will move to PP soon with the specifications of what I am looking for. I received at least 20 offers and will start checking them out in person next week.
What price range were you looking at, Hanno?
Our apartment is huge, airy, and $240 plus electric and water.
It’s not bad, but I’m sure there’s scope for much better. The endless supply of mediocre places that look great in photos puts me off starting to look again.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Freightdog wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:25 pm
hanno wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:15 pm

What price range were you looking at, Hanno?
Our apartment is huge, airy, and $240 plus electric and water.
It’s not bad, but I’m sure there’s scope for much better. The endless supply of mediocre places that look great in photos puts me off starting to look again.
Yes, that is what I am worried about too. I have seen a lot of nice pictures but on digging a little deeper, there were a lot of strikes: apartment on t 8th floor but no elevator, nice apartment but with that kind of Khmer furniture where a single chair weighs 150 kilos, opposite a construction site, and so on.

As my family will eventually join me in PP, I am looking for something comfortable, furnished, close to work (near the Royal Palace) and with a budget up to $1,500.
daeum_tnaot
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by daeum_tnaot »

I can't speak to value for money, or the quality of the places on offer. But only responding to the OP who said that they couldn't find something.

Glad it's working out for you Hanno! As you note, many of the places on offer now are in high rises. But there are also some of the 'old style' places still there.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I stayed last year at Seasons residence and will do again in a couple of weeks, its 650 plus electricity, nice please, good wifi, western furniture and kitchen, aircon, cable tv. On street 144 between 15 and 19th. Next door nice Lucky-market.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic