Beware! Travel scams in Siem Reap (2022)

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Beware! Travel scams in Siem Reap (2022)

Post by John Bingham »

I was sold a pineapple by an disabled toddler by the Siem Reap River. I left it at my bunk-bed hostel. Later I returned after some cocktails and found it all squishy with a milky substance dribbling out. Scambodia man.

Silence, exile, and cunning.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Good to see they are back For Riel..... :thumb:

They moved out
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
DavidK99
Expatriate
Nepal

Post by DavidK99 »

I just came back from a very active week in Siem Reap. I had a wide range of activities and involvements with locals that included typical tourist stuff and a few oddball journeys etc. My only issue was that a car driver I'd hired for the day was late to show at an agreed upon meeting place near the end of the day. But that wasn't a ripoff or scam, probably just youthful immaturity. My overall impression was that Siem Reap was pretty easy to deal with, people were honest and helpful, and in general extremely courteous. Yes there were lots of touts but they weren't aggressive...just smile, say no thanks, and walk away. Use common sense and chances are excellent that you'll be just fine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic