if your thinking of getting internet connected DO NOT use Ezecom

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

if your thinking of getting internet connected DO NOT use Ezecom

Post by Ozinasia »

Last night my internet was cut off , no notice no warning just cut. Today I enquired why . well it seems Ezecom is not honoring the past promo of Opennet . I was offered 12 months if I paid for seven months taking me through till Feb 2023 I am sure many others took advantage of this promo however be warned because I paid through ABA and didn't get a written receipt from openent Ezecome cuts you off after the 7 months even though I sent a copy of the ABA statement. They asked me to prove I was offered this promo !! HUH ?? ezecome have all the records they well know this was a promo but want to suck 3 months dues out of me, to me this a disgrace I will be warning as many people as possible NOT to sign up to Ezecom
Now I gotta go out and find a new service provider :facepalm: SUCKS !! :angry:
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: if your thinking of getting internet connected DO NOT use Ezecom

Post by mannanman »

Well to counter that, I paid for 10 months and got 12 months, that was 18 months ago! and it is still connected.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

:good: glad someone is winning but shows just how badly their files are kept.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

The Khmer might advertise things like this on Facebook. Maybe some of the same?
Ozinasia
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Ozinasia »

yes I'll post it anywhere miserable money grabbing thieves . We re advised at the take over all Openet obligations will be for filled Bollocks , they said sir it appears someone at Openet did not enter your promo agreement sorry you just get 7 months. I said why on earth would I pay 7 months and no promo when there is promo STILL advertised pay 6 months get 2 more free ?? Sorry sir I don't know I don't understand in any case you must now pay to have your internet reconnected .
stick it where the sun don't shine pal !! :x
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Has anyone renewed with Ezecom online?

To be precise, I went to Ezecom after they cut me off (correctly - my old deal with OpenNet had expired and I got an extra month free).

I signed up with them on the same 6+1 month deal and this is due to expire in 2 days time. I have heard nothing from them, no text or call, and their website shows my account and the renewal date in 2 days, but no way to renew online.

Am I stuck with going to their office or will they contact me? Or is there a way of renewing online?
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

ImageThe past 2 days my internet went out
( it’s my own back up account) my apartment has its own adequate internet service
I was trying the openet app they gave me
But nothing but the spinning beach balls
The main phone number provided on the router was out of service
I dug out the reciet ( contract ) and even the other number of the installer was out .

Then as I was leaving for happy hour margaritas I saw some guys fiddling with the poles out in front of my joint
I told them the story they said that openet is out of it
They were from ezcom and fixed it for me when I was gone
And left me a note to try my service which I had unplugged
I’m using it now ..
don’t know if I can bump into them again to buy some beers and tip the hell out of these dudes
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

I had metfone in kep and it was very good for $15/month
Metfone receives “Best Internet Service Provider in Cambodia 2022” award
Recently, Viettel Cambodia Company (Metfone) was honored by Global Business Outlook (GBO) – a prestigious international business magazine based in the UK and received the award “Best Internet Service Provider” in Cambodia 2022”.

The award “Best Internet Service Provider in Cambodia 2022” is independently evaluated by leading experts and researchers of GBO magazine. Evaluation criteria include: Infrastructure, network system, quality, sales policy and customer care.
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/501211426/ ... 022-award/
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic