Shipping address siem reap and customs fees

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Shipping address siem reap and customs fees

Post by whereami »

Shipping from USA shoes(2 pair new) and 1 cell phone ( new) to siem reap . What is a good address /company where can I ship to siem reap and pick up in person (they never find my house) ? Also items values at 850 new but I only paid 400usd . Best way for cheapest customs price when items arrive in Phnom Penh at airport (I won't be there in person I'm having sent to siem reap) ? And i dont care how long this process takes im looking for cheapest....P.s. this was a onetime deal /test on retail items I couldn't get shipped on Amazon (the easy way) so I decided to test the waters.....Not again not worth the effort I'm guessing
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Shipping address siem reap and customs fees

Post by Jerry Atrick »

whereami wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:11 pm Shipping from USA shoes(2 pair new) and 1 cell phone ( new) to siem reap . What is a good address /company where can I ship to siem reap and pick up in person (they never find my house) ? Also items values at 850 new but I only paid 400usd . Best way for cheapest customs price when items arrive in Phnom Penh at airport (I won't be there in person I'm having sent to siem reap) ? And i dont care how long this process takes im looking for cheapest....P.s. this was a onetime deal /test on retail items I couldn't get shipped on Amazon (the easy way) so I decided to test the waters.....Not again not worth the effort I'm guessing

To swerve customs best to use Cambo Quick
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

I have a PO Box in SR and have all sort of stuff shipped there over the years. Never lost anything, never paid custom duties.
whereami
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by whereami »

hanno wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:34 am I have a PO Box in SR and have all sort of stuff shipped there over the years. Never lost anything, never paid custom duties.
Wow I did not know that was possible . I will go rent box . Thanks for the tip !
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by David Gordon »

I am 1 out of 3. Two went awol. The one that did arrive was 6 months to delivery - a bank card. I had cancelled it and sent another - which has not arrived. Never say never. Sent to wife’s workplace - a legit institution.
Stay classy na
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

David Gordon wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 2:38 pm I am 1 out of 3. Two went awol. The one that did arrive was 6 months to delivery - a bank card. I had cancelled it and sent another - which has not arrived. Never say never. Sent to wife’s workplace - a legit institution.
I hear that a lot, I wish I had as much luck as I had with deliveries to Cambodia elsewhere. I literally had dozens of parcels sent to Siem Reap, from running shoes to kitchen equipment, from a DSLR camera to cat toys; never lost a thing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic