Recommended TV shows and series

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Re: Recommended TV shows and series

Post by angsta »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:00 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:15 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:07 am upcoming

A First Look image from Shantaram shows the 42-year-old Sons of Anarchy alum riding a motorcycle through India's largest city. The series will show Hunnam's Ford, an Australian prison escapee who's living a double life in Bombay — running a local health clinic by day while becoming increasingly entangled with the Bombay mafia.

Apple TV+'s take on Shantaram will debut on Oct. 14.
post558312.html#p558312
the trailer:
https://tv.apple.com/show/shantaram/umc ... am_gen_gen
1st 3 epsidoes are on pirate bay an its getting good reviews as well 8.1
schedule
Episode 1, “The Three Nos”: Friday, October 14
Episode 2, “Down and Out”: Friday, October 14
Episode 3, “Strange Bedfellows”: Friday, October 14
Episode 4, “Bad Medicine”: Friday, October 21
Episode 5, “The Sin in the Crime”: Friday, October 28
Episode 6, “Dead Man Walking”: Friday, November 4
Episode 7, “Apo Vai Pranah”: Friday, November 11
Episode 8, “Like in the Time of Cholera”: Friday, November 18
Episode 9, “Should I Stay or Should I Go”: Friday, November 25
Episode 10, “Dig Two Graves”: Friday, December 2
Episode 11, “Banquet of Consequences”: Friday, December 9
Episode 12, “All the Way From There Just to Get to Here”: Friday, December 16

I thought the first 65% of the book was very good. After that it was ridiculous.

Watched episode 1 and was surprised that it was relatively decent. What is his accent supposed to be? He's an actor. Act an Aussie accent ffs.
AinC reels off an eloquent and thought provoking monologue adlib
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

If you have a spare 3-4 hours available. The new one from Adam Curtis.

TraumaZone Series 1 1 Part One 1985 to 1989
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/musicn ... ory=foryou

watch season 4 epsidoes 1
its fucking hilarious

https://www.eater.com/2019/6/15/1867957 ... try-parody

The first three seasons of Documentary Now! are streaming on Netflix
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:04 pm
orichá wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:31 pm Watching The Rings of Power, it's available on Amazon prime video and PB ...

This program is oriented towards a younger demographic, but is still enthralling. This show will be one of the most expensive television series ever produced and is expected to run for 3 or 4 seasons... Diverges from the original Tolkien storyline quite a bit, but I didn't plan to break my leg, either...

:thumb:
1st 3 episodes are beautifully filmed and the Orc's are just as I imagined them

its WAY before the "lord of the rings" takes place
.... this will be the most expensive TV show ever, with the first season alone said to have cost $465 million. And then, of course, there’s the location which, in common with Jackson, borrows the volcanic landscape and endless forests of New Zealand to recreate the ancient kingdoms of Tolkien’s imagination.
Well, I must say, while visually stunning, the story is really off-track from Tolkien's original and I tend to agree with the scathing review below my comments... The storyline is all over the place and nothing adds up... Especially all the misplaced and misplayed characters. Isildur is a prat and does not strike one as the eventual savior. How did they get all those horses on three little boats? Why is Numenor even in this story? Celebrimbor is not a key character. Galadriel is always grimacing and ready to bite... Unbelievable coincidences, Galadriel swimming in the sea and picked up by chance by the "king of the southlands" who is really Sauron, who are then picked up by the Numenorians, lol. Weird, unconvincing superfluous muppets with Irish accents who are hobbits before there were any hobbits in middle earth. No mention of the nine kingdoms of men, or the eight dwarvish kingdoms. Durin's dad forbids sharing the magic metal, mithril, with the elves for no good reason. ...Etc, etc, a mishmash of adolescent shit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... the-rings/
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Province
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by Province »

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8291284/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

The Peripheral:Set in the future when technology has subtly altered society, a woman discovers a secret connection to an alternate reality as well as a dark future of her own.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

orichá wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:56 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:04 pm
orichá wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:31 pm Watching The Rings of Power, it's available on Amazon prime video and PB ...

This program is oriented towards a younger demographic, but is still enthralling. This show will be one of the most expensive television series ever produced and is expected to run for 3 or 4 seasons... Diverges from the original Tolkien storyline quite a bit, but I didn't plan to break my leg, either...

:thumb:
1st 3 episodes are beautifully filmed and the Orc's are just as I imagined them

its WAY before the "lord of the rings" takes place
.... this will be the most expensive TV show ever, with the first season alone said to have cost $465 million. And then, of course, there’s the location which, in common with Jackson, borrows the volcanic landscape and endless forests of New Zealand to recreate the ancient kingdoms of Tolkien’s imagination.
Well, I must say, while visually stunning, the story is really off-track from Tolkien's original and I tend to agree with the scathing review below my comments... The storyline is all over the place and nothing adds up... Especially all the misplaced and misplayed characters. Isildur is a prat and does not strike one as the eventual savior. How did they get all those horses on three little boats? Why is Numenor even in this story? Celebrimbor is not a key character. Galadriel is always grimacing and ready to bite... Unbelievable coincidences, Galadriel swimming in the sea and picked up by chance by the "king of the southlands" who is really Sauron, who are then picked up by the Numenorians, lol. Weird, unconvincing superfluous muppets with Irish accents who are hobbits before there were any hobbits in middle earth. No mention of the nine kingdoms of men, or the eight dwarvish kingdoms. Durin's dad forbids sharing the magic metal, mithril, with the elves for no good reason. ...Etc, etc, a mishmash of adolescent shit.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2 ... the-rings/
I confess to being disappointed, once again. The Lord of the Rings movies, followed by the Hobbit had a lot that was good, but just too many deviations from the original works, and I could never understand why. Now, the early history is being hacked about when there surely was plenty of scope to keep some consistency with the Silmarillion, and other sources of background.
Visually, lots of promise. It’s almost as if they’re were in a rush to introduce all the familiar characters just to make the connection for the audience.
Such a shame. Nearly a forty year wait for the technology to make it all feasible, only to let the creativity lose its way.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

I think I’ll be having a rerun of

Altered Carbon (shame that a third season was scrubbed)
The Expanse.

And currently in progress, The Handmaids Tale, season 5 just started.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

just finished season 3 of
well worth watching
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Pope2Pope
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pope2Pope »

Well worth a watch...you will see it kinda has a breaking bad feeling to it, Cant believe that Stallone is 76 years old.

“The journey, not the arrival, matters.”
– T. S. Eliot
angsta
Expatriate
Congo

Post by angsta »

angsta wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:57 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 9:00 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:15 am
phuketrichard wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:07 am upcoming

A First Look image from Shantaram shows the 42-year-old Sons of Anarchy alum riding a motorcycle through India's largest city. The series will show Hunnam's Ford, an Australian prison escapee who's living a double life in Bombay — running a local health clinic by day while becoming increasingly entangled with the Bombay mafia.

Apple TV+'s take on Shantaram will debut on Oct. 14.
post558312.html#p558312
the trailer:
https://tv.apple.com/show/shantaram/umc ... am_gen_gen
1st 3 epsidoes are on pirate bay an its getting good reviews as well 8.1
schedule
Episode 1, “The Three Nos”: Friday, October 14
Episode 2, “Down and Out”: Friday, October 14
Episode 3, “Strange Bedfellows”: Friday, October 14
Episode 4, “Bad Medicine”: Friday, October 21
Episode 5, “The Sin in the Crime”: Friday, October 28
Episode 6, “Dead Man Walking”: Friday, November 4
Episode 7, “Apo Vai Pranah”: Friday, November 11
Episode 8, “Like in the Time of Cholera”: Friday, November 18
Episode 9, “Should I Stay or Should I Go”: Friday, November 25
Episode 10, “Dig Two Graves”: Friday, December 2
Episode 11, “Banquet of Consequences”: Friday, December 9
Episode 12, “All the Way From There Just to Get to Here”: Friday, December 16

I thought the first 65% of the book was very good. After that it was ridiculous.

Watched episode 1 and was surprised that it was relatively decent. What is his accent supposed to be? He's an actor. Act an Aussie accent ffs.
They seemed to have taken a great book and completely ignored the best bits. Why even bother?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic