Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Thailand Travel Restrictions and Info

Post by phuketrichard »

fyi;
heres a sample what u get from onward ticket

$14
works for me :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

flying airasia and going to use visa exempt they DID ask for forward flight

So after a few days back i can honestly say Phuket is cheaper for 90% of things i brought/used in Kep and or shopping in kampot or PP, ( although Indian food is cheaper in Kampot than here by about 30%)
even veggies/fruit is cheaper here at the supermarket an or local markets
local restaurants are still inexpensive and the street food is amazing now and with the baht at 35.7 its not anymore expensive than it was 18 months ago, so nice to eat spicy again
sea view room for 500 baht-1,000 baht/night
2 bedroom house with 3 aircons, western kitchen, furniture with mtn views & 1 km to the beach 10,000 baht/month($280)

NO karaoke playing all the time!!!

Dont worry, wont be mentioning this again, so all u that hate me praising Thailand, ( yea there are a few of you) this is the last time..
Stay happy with what you got. :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 pm So after a few days back i can honestly say Phuket is cheaper for 90% of things i brought/used in Kep and or shopping in kampot or PP, ( although Indian food is cheaper in Kampot than here by about 30%)
local restaurants are still inexpensive and the street food is amazing now and with the baht at 35.7 its not anymore expensive than it was 18 months ago, so nice to eat spicy again
2 bedroom house with 3 aircons, western kitchen, furniture with mtn views & 1 km to the beach 10,000 baht/month($280)
What really baffles me is that you actually had to move to Kep to learn all that. I could have told you the same after holidaying there for a few short days.

And just about anyone and everyone here could have told you that Kep won't be a match for your beloved Phuket for you. No idea why you ever moved! :Yahoo!:
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 pm flying airasia and going to use visa exempt they DID ask for forward flight

So after a few days back i can honestly say Phuket is cheaper for 90% of things i brought/used in Kep and or shopping in kampot or PP, ( although Indian food is cheaper in Kampot than here by about 30%)

Dont worry, wont be mentioning this again, so all u that hate me praising Thailand, ( yea there are a few of you) this is the last time..
You've just lost a few years of your life telling this forum exactly what you thought several years ago. I hope it was worth it for you.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 pm
So after a few days back i can honestly say Phuket is amazeaballs, the bollocks, the greatest place on earth since me and Robinson Crusoe discovered the world back in the day when backpacking wasn't even a thing.

Dont worry, I wont be mentioning this again, unless someone else posts an interesting current travel experience and I need to remind you all that I've been there and done it before the lot of you, and your travel experiences are irrelevant because everything was better when I was young and it's always been better in Phuket anyway because that's where I live.
Can't fault local knowledge.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:44 pm
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 pm flying airasia and going to use visa exempt they DID ask for forward flight

You've just lost a few years of your life telling this forum exactly what you thought several years ago. I hope it was worth it for you.
The things one does for Love :beer3:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

And Phukets a tourist area, you got me interested Richard.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:57 pm
Have to agree with you on the price of many supermarket things. There's been a bit of price creep in Bangkok for local products. Many imported groceries are up a bit, some are up by a lot. But yeah, local Thai food spots are still a great deal and very tasty as usual.

A 700ml bottle of Jameson recently declined 100 baht to 999 now. Some beer prices have gone up a few baht/can but twin packs and six packs are cheaper per can. My neighbourhood (Phra Khanong) pubs are all pretty reasonable.

In my older condo complex, Rama 4 and Sukhumvit, a two-bed apartment, about 65 sq m, recently renovated though sparsely furnished, is 15,000-17,000 baht. 1-beds, 50 sq m, run as low as 11,000. You pay electric directly to the elec authority at about 4 baht/kwh or 9 cents -- supposed to rise a bit in the new year.
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

October foreign tourist arrivals confirmed, last 3 months :

Aug - 1.174.743 (33.9% 2019)
Sep - 1,309,115 (45.1% 2019)
Oct - 1,475,430 (48.5% 2019)

YTD - 7,163,465

The question for the 2023 outlook is with the continuing absence of the Chinese market how high and when will a peak be reached before a month on month drop occurs ?
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Arrival figures will be a lot higher in the next 3-4 months, but until the Chinese start travelling again, arrival figures won't come close to pre-Covid arrival figures, as the Chinese made up 35% or so of total numbers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic