Soccer Football - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Title says it all really...
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Soccer Football - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

been quite a tight WC so far, only brazil and portugal have the potential to go through with a clean record of 3 wins from the groups
cant wait for the costa rica - germany game tonight, hoping for another upset :D :D
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:19 am been quite a tight WC so far, only brazil and portugal have the potential to go through with a clean record of 3 wins from the groups
cant wait for the costa rica - germany game tonight, hoping for another upset :D :D
ended up watching the japan spain game, what a comeback in the 2nd half, and when costa rica almost made a shocking comeback haha japan the giant killers beat both germany and spain 2-1, what a performance from them this world cup
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

And that is the end of the tournament for Germany. Second time in a row that they do not survive the group phase. What happened to Germany? Trains haven't been running on time for decades, restaurants serve tofu Schnitzel, and "Die Mannschaft" can't win games.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

hanno wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:27 am And that is the end of the tournament for Germany. Second time in a row that they do not survive the group phase. What happened to Germany? Trains haven't been running on time for decades, restaurants serve tofu Schnitzel, and "Die Mannschaft" can't win games.
they had a good game last night but it was a little too late, Belgium out too, Spain was almost leaving too but they can thank Germany for making the comeback they made haha
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:02 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:46 am
cautious colin wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:56 am
Doc67 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:44 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:28 am tunisia had a corker of a game,
if england get through senegal, then theres an awful chance we could play either France or Argentina in the Quarters, yikes
The top half of the Group 16 matches (playing this weekend) are all A,B,C,D group qualifiers. Whoever emerges goes through to the quarter finals. I got that much figured out!

Will the quarter finals keep the ABCD cohort together for the QF's and the S/F's, or will they begin to merge them with winners of the EFGH cohort who emerge QF's?

In other words, will England only play a team from groups ABCD grouping if and until they get to the final?

If so, that looks pretty good. There's no team in that ABCD cohort that England should really be fearful of, and it looks like a great chance advance all the way. The EFGH contains Spain, Brazil, Germany and Portugal which looks like a much easier way for an early exit.
In the Semis,England are likely to play winners group F (currently Croatia/Morrocco/Belgium), or winners group H (Portugal)
Or Runners up from E (Germany?) or G (SWitzerland)

Unlikely to play Spain or Brazil unless we get to the final (we wont) as they are bottom left of the chart

I'm confused. If England get to the semis, they will face the team who has emerged from groups EFGH, the winner of QF3, which does include Brazil and Spain.

Or am I missing something?

no mate, either England, Senegal, France or Poland will be winner of the Quarter Final 3, thats our group,

if we win our L16 and QF3 matches, then in the semi finals we will face the winner of Quarter Final 4 (Morocco, Portugal, {Switzerland, Japan}as it stands, depending on results of Germs vs Costa and Cam, Serb -any of them could switch places with switz and japan)

after that if we get through to the Final, we will face either Netherlands, USA, Argentina, Australia or the winner of Quarter final 2
haha counted my chickens, thought Spain were a cert to beat Japan, Spain are now also in our Semi final group not Japan haha what a game though,
our possible road to the Final now includes Senegal (16), France (QF), Spain or Portugal (SF), Brazil or Argentina (Final), wont be easy for sure
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Portugal had a stinker vs SKorea, fair play to them though took their chances, great to see both Japan and SKorea making the last 16, without some big teams like Italy, Germany, Belgium, Uruguay, Sweden and Denmark, its a good opportunity for the other teams, but also shows the quality coming out their countries now a lot are playing in and around Europe at league level
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

fuck me why am i watching the brazil game, their previous 2 games have bored me, this one too, the Swiz game on the other hand, wish i was watching that, gonna have to change games i think
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Most games and all England games are now 2am until the final, so I am struggling to retain much interest.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Some have found already the recipe to boycott this worldcup while still enjoying the atmosphere of worldcups : they go to a bar that choosed to play the 1998 worldcup matches (on VHS), the first one we won. Good times.
A bit sad, but there is a lot of nostalgia going around, and not solely football-wise.

https://www.20minutes.fr/paris/4012989- ... nde-mbappe
mikeukt
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by mikeukt »

Ghostwriter wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:30 pm a bar that choosed to play the 1998 worldcup matches (on VHS), the first one we won. Good times.
A bit sad, but there is a lot of nostalgia going around, and not solely football-wise.

https://www.20minutes.fr/paris/4012989- ... nde-mbappe
Got my own bit of nostalgia for France beating Brazil in the final.

Got to start work at 6AM Monday morning (horrible), back of a motodop , come to What Phnom, the street was blocked, FULL of french people outside Le Deuville talking, looking happy. I knew what that meant.

Good luck to them. England too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic