Urinary Tract Infection

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Urinary Tract Infection

Post by Newinkow »

violet wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:31 pm I had a UTI that didn’t respond to first antibiotics prescribed. So, if she starts to vomit and/or shiver/have a fever, go back to the doctor. She wouldn’t want it becoming a kidney issue.

Hopefully nothing like the above happens and she is better soon.
Read your reply and i have been monitoring her 1st 2 dosage of the medication. So far no ill side effects yet. I think we are ok with the medication.

Thanks for the heads up.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Newinkow wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:59 am
I didn't get the prescription filled at a pharmacy. The doctor had a boxes of the medicine in her office, she hand me a box. From the label on the box it looks like it's from Denk Pharma. Registered and made in Germany. Cost me $5.60.

Don't know if that's a good price or not but I figure she would know if it's fake or not and save me the hassle of filling the prescription at a dodgy pharmacy.
More than fair, you will struggle to find the German Cipro cheaper than that.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Ayn update on the issue?
work is for people who cant find truffles
Newinkow
Expatriate
Canada

Post by Newinkow »

UPDATE

My girlfriend completed the full 5 days of medication.

Everything is fine now. Started getting better after 2 days. The doctor was correct when she said it was a common UTI and prescribed Cipro for it. No test or lab work needed.

My opinion only:

Knowing what I know now. If I was here and GF started complaining about the symptoms (instead of 4 to 5 weeks later, when I got back), I would most likely start her on 500mg Ciprofloxacin right away. Monitor the situation for a couple of days. If things don't improve, schedule her in to see a qualify doctor. If things are improving continue the ciprofloxacin for full 5 days.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Please be very careful with your own hygiene, to avoid further infection for her (and you).
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

rozzieoz wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:41 pm Please be very careful with your own hygiene, to avoid further infection for her (and you).
Only way to catch a UTI is if you’ve got an STI.

It isn’t normally transmit-able usually from gut bacteria, weakened immune, abnormalities etc.
People of the world, spice up your life.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

mannanman wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:59 pm
rozzieoz wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:41 pm Please be very careful with your own hygiene, to avoid further infection for her (and you).

It isn’t normally transmit-able usually from gut bacteria, weakened immune, abnormalities etc.
I don't know. Bacterial prostatitis? Not an STD....

Women have a short track to the bladder ...
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:16 pm

I don't know. Bacterial prostatitis? Not an STD....

Women have a short track to the bladder ...
Right, but is that transmissible?

I haven’t followed the thread but is that what she’s got, prostatitis and UTI?
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Um. No.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

Oh.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic