closing of a oil refinery what happens next

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

closing of a oil refinery what happens next

Post by atst »

Great talk about the closing of a oil refinery and the agender of government to control us. 17.45 mins to 25mins shows great intellect on the workers from the plant, and explains subversion of this government and how step by step they take away our rights and increase our costs so we need a basic income handout from the government. You don't go against someone that gives you money to survive.

I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: closing of a oil refinery what happens next

Post by mannanman »

Good, give the land back to the people who actually own it after poisoning it for 60 years.
Shareholders chose to close it.
Very high unemployment in area already with most of the workers bought in from other ereas.
99% of refined fuel imported already.
People of the world, spice up your life.
violet
Expatriate

Re: closing of a oil refinery what happens next

Post by violet »

@atst
Thanks. Interesting. I try to take in information rationally, cautiously, and not jump on band wagons or fall in line with group thinks etc.

I do agree with the base of what they say - people have a dogma and ‘intellectuals’ and decision makers then become blinded and single minded. It is another form of psychological bias. Add a dash of morality, a smidge of intellectual superiority, etc and it can all go wrong even though people think they are acting with good intentions.

I know for a fact that there are many examples of people ticking boxes to show environmental concern, animal welfare concern - be it for image, business growth, profit, or from ignorance - but the reality is what they do creates different environmental problems, different animal welfare problems and /or costs more money.

So, I’m fully on board with a lot of what these two are saying - but I recognise they too have an agenda. I prefer their agenda if I have to choose sides.

Edited to add that Brad is an articulate and intelligent person. Good fella. Also adding I didn’t articulate well - ‘their agenda’ is more a reference to others involved.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic