Soccer Football - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Title says it all really...
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Soccer Football - FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022

Post by armchairlawyer »

sammycooke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:45 am
Hey but we won the Davis Cup, the Canadian women's football team won the Olympic gold, and WE ARE THE BEST AT HOCKEY!!!
If they hold the women's world cup in Qatar, it would be interesting to watch.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

sammycooke wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:45 am
Hey but we won the Davis Cup, the Canadian women's football team won the Olympic gold, and WE ARE THE BEST AT HOCKEY!!!
:plus1:
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Brody wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 11:21 am Image
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Looks like Senegal might play England in the next round. Great win !
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

strong performance from England, Rashford had a great game, Bellingham is such a quality player, only 19 too
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

Next round

Netherlands - USA
England - Senegal

Went to my closest pub which is really a university hang out 10 AM for the Ecuador - Senegal game cause I figured the Netherlands was a sure bet against Qatar, but the place was empty so I went a few blocks to a mixed Latin area and it was rocking. Ecuador lost and is out.

Later I went back to the university area pub to watch USA - Iran cause I figured England would be a sure bet against Wales but the place was packed with English supporters watching that game. The USA game was on in another room but I was surprised to see that a lot of people were hoping USA lost.

Gonna have to miss Canada's last game against Morocco cause I'll be in the air going to Mexico but I'm almost rooting for a Morocco win combined with a Belgium win over Croatia. Then Croatia is out. Just something personal you see.

Be watching the rest of the world cup from Merida Mexico.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

sammycooke wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:10 am Next round

Netherlands - USA
England - Senegal

Went to my closest pub which is really a university hang out 10 AM for the Ecuador - Senegal game cause I figured the Netherlands was a sure bet against Qatar, but the place was empty so I went a few blocks to a mixed Latin area and it was rocking. Ecuador lost and is out.

Later I went back to the university area pub to watch USA - Iran cause I figured England would be a sure bet against Wales but the place was packed with English supporters watching that game. The USA game was on in another room but I was surprised to see that a lot of people were hoping USA lost.

Gonna have to miss Canada's last game against Morocco cause I'll be in the air going to Mexico but I'm almost rooting for a Morocco win combined with a Belgium win over Croatia. Then Croatia is out. Just something personal you see.

Be watching the rest of the world cup from Merida Mexico.
Croatia can get fucked after knocking us out of the last world cup in the Semis lol Belgium can get fucked too after beating us in the 3rd place playoff too lol :plus1:
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Football is a vicious game. Brazil's Neymar was fouled 9 times by Serbia last Monday -- until he had to quit because of an ankle injury.

Hasn't anyone noticed how frequently top players are deliberately targeted during the WC?

The world cup is about making money for FIFA and 440 million to the winning team... Fifa gets 7.5 billion, maybe minus the team earnings..?

But, the poor African workers can't get into the stadiums they built to see the games, lol... The world is now divided between the rich and the trash. (Just like in Cambodia, good, wealthy conservative expats and dodgy bad 'uns...) ៊

https://www.aljazeera.com/sports/2022/1 ... cup-period

:oops:
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Group D – Australia, Denmark, France, Tunisia
Final matches Wednesday 30 November, 3pm GMT: Australia v Denmark, Tunisia v France

France have qualified and will be top unless they lose to Tunisia and Australia beat Denmark and there is a six-goal swing in goal difference in the Socceroos favour. This is not going to happen.

Australia: A win against Denmark puts them through. A draw will be enough, unless Tunisia beat France, in which case the Tunisians would progress instead with a slightly superior goal difference.

Denmark: A win against Australia puts them through, unless Tunisia beat France, in which case goal difference or goals scored would decide between Denmark and Tunisia. A draw is no good to Denmark.

Tunisia: Tunisia must beat France. The Tunisians must also hope that Australia v Denmark is drawn. If Tunisia beat France and Denmark beat Australia, then whoever has the superior goal difference between the Danes and Tunisians will progress.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/li ... eb2e3141a2
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:58 pm Group D – Australia, Denmark, France, Tunisia
Final matches Wednesday 30 November, 3pm GMT: Australia v Denmark, Tunisia v France

France have qualified and will be top unless they lose to Tunisia and Australia beat Denmark and there is a six-goal swing in goal difference in the Socceroos favour. This is not going to happen.

….
AND THEN IT HAPPENED!!
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic