Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Thailand is Cambodia's neighbor to the West, and this forum is dedicated to Thai news, stories, reviews, blogs, videos, Thai people and anything else related to the country. A lot of expats have both lived and worked in Cambodia and Thailand, and this area is a place to discuss all aspects of life in Thailand and what's going on there. Most topics are about Bangkok and Pattaya because of their larger populations of expatriates and tourists in those cities, but this is for all things Thai.
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Yes, Thailand, you will be able to smoke potent weed at home

Post by johnny lightning »

Funny you mention that and you may well be right. Thailand has ridiculous wine prices so a joint would go well instead and be much cheaper. I have found that now Canada has legalized weed I have replaced half of my evening wine consumption with it. Easier on the body as well. Not to mention that Canada also has stupidly high alcohol prices so I am saving money to boot!
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

here goes the back tracking
The walk-backs have begun for the unrestricted cannabis swell in Thailand. In a new edict coming into effect today, the Ministry of Public Health has tightened the rules on who can grow and sell cannabis, and where. The new edict, already published in the Royal Gazette making it official, now supersedes the original announcement legalising and decriminalising cannabis on June 16.

When cannabis was decriminalised, it was done without any regulation or structure, aside from website signup to license over a million people to grow, distribute and sell, causing prices to plummet. Over time, small rules were put into place to bar it from government property and officials, and prevent children and pregnant women from using it.

The new edict reinforces some of those regulations, making it illegal to sell any form of cannabis to pregnant or breastfeeding women, people under 20 years old, and students. But it also limits where it can be sold and smoked.

According to Thai PBS World, smoking cannabis at any business location is now strictly forbidden as is advertising the plant in any form for commercial use.

Cannabis can not be sold in any business to be consumed in that business. The only exception is for medical usage, and that must be sold and administered by a medical practitioner, certified rural medic, or traditional medical practitioner. The Bhumjaithai Party that pushed so hard for the legalisation of the herb has since backtracked on their support and claimed that they only ever intended legal cannabis to be used for medicinal purposes.
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/cannabi ... strictions
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

Hi all
Ill be back in LOS all being well before Christmas for and extended break from the English winter.
A few months ago i was in Riga Latvia and got talking to an American gent in a bar there. He had with him a disposable cannabis vape pen he had brought from the states. because it was a vape rather than burn system there was zero smell and it looked indistinguishable from a normal type disposable vape pen, while giving a very nice little high.
are these going to be possible to find in Thailand? It impressed the hell out of me.
Last edited by grumpygit on Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

vaping is illegal in Thailand

....Since 2014 vaping in Thailand is illegal. Getting caught with a vape in Thailand can result in a fine of up to 30 000 Baht
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

phuketrichard wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:30 am vaping is illegal in Thailand

....Since 2014 vaping in Thailand is illegal. Getting caught with a vape in Thailand can result in a fine of up to 30 000 Baht
Thanks Richard. I was actually aware of the vape law but it clear slipped my mind while writing my post.

Dam shame really. Especially with all the complaints I hear about some people not liking the smell of weed being smoked.
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

Weed legal, vaping not.

Does that make sense?
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

according to everyone i have spoken with, its still full on with dispensaries even selling Imported weed,
smoking on premises an carry out :-)

BUT:

BREAKING: The Administrative Court on Mon accepted a petition by board members of the Medical Council &opposition MPs to revoke the order by Health Min which decriminalized marjuana for medical purposes. They say it has led to use of #cannabis for recreational purposes

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

going to be lots of pissed off people that jumped in thinking
Oh Boy.......

Thailand bans recreational use of cannabis inside cafes
Cannabis shops and cafes in Thailand are no longer allowed to let customers smoke the plant recreationally on the premises anymore. On-site consumption of cannabis for medical purposes is still permitted if the cannabis is sold by a medical practitioner.

The announcement was made in the Royal Gazette yesterday and is effective immediately.

The announcement states that the Ministry of Public Health has declared the THC-rich cannabis flower as a “controlled herb” with restrictions. Two big changes come as big blows to the industry…

Advertising the sale of cannabis flowers is prohibited
Cannabis consumption inside shops/cafes is banned unless sold by a medical practitioner
https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/cannabi ... side-cafes
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

By Monday all the cafes will be "clinics" 😂
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

good guide if ur seeking pot in Bangkok

https://thethaiger.com/guides/cannabis/ ... in-bangkok

some shops are even selling imported weed :beer3:
....Cannabangka is definitely the place to check out. What makes Cannabangka stand out from other cannabis shops in Thailand is that they have their own farm, to produce their own suppliers. They also partner with other local growers to have their products in the dispensary. But besides local products, you’ll also find high-quality imported products at Cannabangka since they have international suppliers.
they dont call it amazing Thailand for nothing
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic