Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
David Gordon
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Have you lost your job due to Corona Virus? Need a CV?

Post by David Gordon »

Roz, how to deal with a large gap in employment and no relevant recent references?
Stay classy na
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:21 am Roz, how to deal with a large gap in employment and no relevant recent references?
put in you went on a spiritual walkabout
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

David Gordon wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:21 am Roz, how to deal with a large gap in employment and no relevant recent references?
tell them about that you took longer to transition to female after your parole for terrorism than staying on the child protection register ..................
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Everyone has done something in that gap, we just have to find out what your "thing" was. We can build a position out of very little.

As for recent references, we work them out. ;)
I'm not going to give out all my secrets in this thread but we have ways and means. :)
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
mortemistrata
Tourist
United States of America

Post by mortemistrata »

College is supposed to prepare you to enter the job market. Three years of college courses, including ones specifically geared towards working, had me thinking that perhaps this was true. Except, while I can get jobs, they’re never the type of industry I was hoping for. Rozz made my CV skills look pitiful in comparison to what she can do. It’s the difference between the work of an amateur and a master, and trust me, jobs can tell the difference. I feel much more confident now applying for jobs that I really want, and feel like a much more professional candidate.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

mortemistrata wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 10:44 am College is supposed to prepare you to enter the job market. Three years of college courses, including ones specifically geared towards working, had me thinking that perhaps this was true. Except, while I can get jobs, they’re never the type of industry I was hoping for. Rozz made my CV skills look pitiful in comparison to what she can do. It’s the difference between the work of an amateur and a master, and trust me, jobs can tell the difference. I feel much more confident now applying for jobs that I really want, and feel like a much more professional candidate.
Didn't you already get a job at a good school?
People of the world, spice up your life.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

PART PAYMENT PACKAGE:

Many people have been asking me if there is a way to get the CV they need, to achieve their career goals, without breaking the bank.

Times are tough right now. I totally understand.
I’m happy to say, I’ve figured out a way!

Here’s how the Part Payment Package works…

Pay this package off in THREE easy payments of US$45 each (around R800)
Take as long as you need, I have no deadlines!

Part 1 – The first payment will start the process – you’ll receive a questionnaire to complete
Part 2 – When you’ve sent back the questionnaire and paid the second installment, you’ll receive your cover letter and resignation letter
Part 3 – When I receive the third payment, we will start the CV rewrite

You’ll receive payment instructions and links at each stage, it will be very simple to keep track.

Once your CV is complete, you’ll also get a LinkedIn and Indeed (or Seek) rewrite.

Grab your Part Payment Package today, so you can achieve your dreams of a better tomorrow!
https://rozcv.com/2022/10/27/part-payment-package/
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

I've written a guide for job seekers, on how to apply for a job in person and by email.
It's full of very practical tips that you may forget during such a stressful time.

It's a FREE download from my website:
https://rozcv.com/product/free-guide-ho ... for-a-job/
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic