Top 30 Bar Awards Coming to Cambodia

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Top 30 Bar Awards Coming to Cambodia

Post by mannanman »

Jamie_Lambo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:04 pm
mannanman wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:51 am
Anchor Moy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:04 pm
mannanman wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 10:12 pm Harry’s?
Apart from it being on riverside and bigger than the average bar what’s it’s got going for it?
Harry's special cocktails ? :popcorn:
Yes, but it's not Anchor though!

I've frequented a few times, and even eaten there, and was unimpressed after all the hype. It's just a bar with a load of miserable old gits in it (plus one more), and maybe one cute chick.
its where a lot of brits (plus others) hang out early evening and has the nostalgic "local boozer" atmosphere that the pubs have back in England, i suppose if youre not british or dont know anyone there the atmosphere might not be quite the same, but espeshially on a friday, its busy and has a good british pub atmosphere with lots of banter
Well I’m willing to give it a few more goes especially now the football thing is on.
People of the world, spice up your life.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

None of these old western-orientated places are even going to get a mention. The winners will be places like Prei Speakeasy with their much more sophisticated fare:

https://www.preiphnompenh.com/
Silence, exile, and cunning.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

I would much more like to have a "worst bar" competition. I dont like it posh when getting pissed.
ALWAYS HUNGRY
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

truffledog wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:06 pm I would much more like to have a "worst bar" competition. I dont like it posh when getting pissed.
I don't either but I don't see a hole-in-the-wall winning in the ultra-sophisticated modern Cambodia. 8-)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic