Koh Rong trip report

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Koh Rong trip report

Post by phuketrichard »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:51 pm
Gazzy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:47 pm
kagi wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:31 am You can include Hua Hin with Phuket and Pattaya
Hua Hin? Supposed to be there for Christmas. Is it so bad?
No
agree; its a nice place with some excellent resorts to stay, but over the years its become quite a city, make sure you book sea side> Not as sex oriented ( although there are a few lady bars in a small section of town, as Pattaya or Bangla road) and few nicer bar, some excellent seafood over the water
less than 4 hours from Bangkok ( take the train) and 3 highly rated golf courses, water park, Safari & Adventure Park,(Paintball) , nice night market, gets a better quality visitors than Pattaya or soi Bangla

For myself i prefer Cha Am, 30 kms north, more laid back with some great seaside seafood restaurants and very inexpensive,
Same as Kep and Shv thou, avoid the weekends/holidays when it fills up with Bangkok locals. Its where i would stop mhy 1st night on my northern Thailand drives from Phuket :beer3:
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
kagi
Expatriate
Switzerland

Post by kagi »

Gazzy wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:47 pm
kagi wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:31 am You can include Hua Hin with Phuket and Pattaya
Hua Hin? Supposed to be there for Christmas. Is it so bad?
Traffic congestion, ugly buildings, a real nothing beach and southern Thais.

There is supposedly a high speed train starting from Bangkok by the end of the year.

Lots of better places to go in Thailand. The north is at its best around Xmas
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

kagi wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:41 pm and southern Thais.
More Bangkokians with second homes I would say.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

1 and 2. Long Beach Resort
3. The supply boat
4, The pier at Sok San
5 and 6. The GTVC speed boat at Sok San pier
7 and 8, The seafront at Koh Touch.
9. Coconut Beach pier