Beautiful apartment for rent in Sihanoukville

Looking for an apartment to rent in Phnom Penh? We have you covered. This is a good starting point for expats who are in the process of moving to Cambodia to live and work. Finding a villa, condo, flat, or borey to stay in when you arrive is probably one of your top priorities. Check out our listings from the community! And if you have a house or apartment for rent, you're welcome to list it here for free. Kampot, Siem Reap, Battambang, Sihanoukville, and other provinces around Cambodia also have places to rent, but you might have better luck finding them on foot after you arrive, as the largest number of listings are in the capital city of Phnom Penh.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Beautiful apartment for rent in Sihanoukville

Post by Kammekor »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:14 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:21 pm Is Electricity $0.35/unit normal in condos?
I was quoted 25c minimum in PP, and one or two tried 30c which is a deal breaker for me on general principle.

35c seems very high but I seem to remember that electricity prices are more expensive out of PP, so maybe 35c in SNK is equivalent to 30c in PP.

Still a bloody liberty.
In Ratanakiri I pay 720r per KWh, just over 17 cents. Landlords commonly charge 1,000-1,200 per KWh overthere. It's a national hobby. Sometimes justified by an infrastructure dealing with blackouts but generally not.
Same with water.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Kep we pay 620 /kwh Under 220 units /month
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:21 pm Is Electricity $0.35/unit normal in condos?
I was quoted 25c minimum in PP, and one or two tried 30c which is a deal breaker for me on general principle.

35c seems very high but I seem to remember that electricity prices are more expensive out of PP, so maybe 35c in SNK is equivalent to 30c in PP.

Still a bloody liberty.
Electric in condo's seems always to be at 25c rates

Houses get the lower rates

Not sure why
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:12 pm

Still a bloody liberty.
Electric in condo's seems always to be at 25c rates

Houses get the lower rates

Not sure why
Maybe they're on one shared contract together for thec hole building so they go over the thresholds for the lower rates.
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

Still a bloody liberty.
yeah 1500r was pretty common in SHV even when i was living there like 2013-18
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic