Any Sports Bars Opened Early To Watch NHL Hockey Games

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Jamie_Lambo
The Cool Boxing Guy
Great Britain

Re: Any Sports Bars Opened Early To Watch NHL Hockey Games

Post by Jamie_Lambo »

sammycooke wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 8:12 am
Jamie_Lambo wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:15 am Score bar probably your best bet,
Harrys also has sports on, if you know what station its on they will find and put it on for you
Is that the same Harry that owned Sundance? Stayed there years ago. Still There?
Naa Harrys started off in Thailand and they brought it over here, the one in PP is owned by an english bloke now
:tophat: Mean Dtuk Mean Trei, Mean Loy Mean Srey
Punchy McShortstacks School of Hard Knocks :x
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Re: Any Sports Bars Opened Early To Watch NHL Hockey Games

Post by sammycooke »

Newinkow wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 2:14 pm
AM34 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:48 am Score bar will show any NHL game on-demand, but they don't open early enough to see eastern games live (you might have better luck as a Vancouver fan).

The owner is a Habs fan and is very lovely. Unfortunately there seems to be technical issues with their system every time I've watched a game there. The computer system will crash multiple times during the game, and have to flag the busy staff down to reset it to the exact correct point in the video file (not easy). Now I just watch at home alone.
I assume by your handle @AM34 that your are a big fan of the Leafs and Austin Matthews. Too bad All Sports is closed. We could of hooked up there and catch some west coast games or when the Leafs do their west coast swing of away games.

Pre-covid, I was the only one watching hockey. Most times I was the only customer. Got my fix for hockey satisfied but not the same when you are the only guy watching in a big bar.

Just out of curiosity, are you also a football (soccer) fan? I'm not a big fan of soccer per say but I do enjoying watching the Canadian men's national team play. They have finally arrived on the world stage and qualified for this year's FIFA World Cup. Last time was 1986. I hope to be able to catch some of there World Cup qualifying games. I think their 1st game is on the 24th at 2 Am. Their next 2 are at 11 pm and 10 pm. The schedule sucks.

The Grey Cup is scheduled for the 21st at 6 Am. Another shifty start time. Couldn't find any place to watch that last time here. Surprisingly every bar with a sports package had the Superbowl on at 6 Am.

Didn't meet any fellow Canadians here last time that was into any form of North American sports. Except a bunch of American and their NFL. For me personally, that's one of the downside of being a Canadian in KoW. The availability and start times.
There's a CBC sports App that will show limited games involving Canadian teams on a Saturday night Eastern Time. I think I was able to get a game in Colombia earlier this month but last time I tried it wouldn't show. Maybe use a VPN for Canada.

I have a friend in Thailand who seems to watch hockey regularly. I'll see what he does. He actually started a hockey league 30+ years ago from scratch. Got an arena built in Bangkok, and Thailand's national team, (Yes they actually have a national hockey team) built off of those humble beginnings.

There have been many NHL players who visit Thailand and drop in including Gordie Howe...Some retired players even suit up.

The name of his team is The Flying Farangs Here's the website: https://www.flyingfarangs.com/ And https://flyingfarang.com/ There's a Flying Farangs Jersey hanging in the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic