Cambodian PM Tests Positive for Covid-19 in Indonesia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: Cambodian PM Tests Positive for Covid-19 in Indonesia

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:04 pm

I was wondering the other day why the Chinese are so paranoid about Covid. Then I read the thread about someone moving to Cambodia and one of the posters mentioned the incredible air pollution in Chinese cities, and this was agreed upon. post570372.html#p570372

Maybe the Chinese think (or know) that their city-based population is already struggling with very poor air quality and any respiratory illness will be intensified by this factor.
COVID has allowed the Chinese govt even more control over their citizens than before and under this pretext is stripping away what few freedoms the average citizen is allowed to have in China

It's not any coincidence that this has been taking place as Xi sought another term, this year. Because the Chinese are using covid as the excuse for mass control of the greater populace they (the Chinese delegation) wear masks in order to demonstrate that, they too, are following the rules

Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

grumpygit wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:23 pm At the risk of sounding conspiratorial. I don't think world governments are paranoid about COVID. One only has to look at the UK government to see them breaking their own rules left right and center if there is the chance of a knees up. Or in America where Obama had his birthday party with not a mask in sight.
Do as we say not as we do.
Didn't Obama leave office pre-covid?
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:55 pm
grumpygit wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 1:23 pm At the risk of sounding conspiratorial. I don't think world governments are paranoid about COVID. One only has to look at the UK government to see them breaking their own rules left right and center if there is the chance of a knees up. Or in America where Obama had his birthday party with not a mask in sight.
His 60th bash was in 2021 - it was a massive affair in Martha's Vineyard where nobody gave a fuck about covid, and rightly so
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

I wonder what XI has to do when he comes home..as a "normal" citizen he would NOT be allowed back for some time.
work is for people who cant find truffles
grumpygit
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by grumpygit »

So you consider Obama now to have nothing to do with US government?
Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. The former is me, the latter a reflection of you.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

grumpygit wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 6:01 pm
So you consider Obama now to have nothing to do with US government?
Well, he's been out of office for nearly six years now, enjoying his freedom I guess. So yes, I think Biden does not call Obama for some advice. Although he did hire Obama for a speech in Pennsylvania a fortnight ago. Good speech by the way.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:59 pm
His 60th bash was in 2021 - it was a massive affair in Martha's Vineyard where nobody gave a fuck about covid, and rightly so
Yeah. Now I remember. Former presidents apparently are special citizens.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

PH Asean delegation told to get COVID-19 tests after Cambodian PM tests positive
INQUIRER.net / 03:07 PM November 15, 2022

MANILA, Philippines — President Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. has asked members of his administration’s official delegation to the recently-concluded Association of Southeast Nations (Asean) summits to get tested for COVID-19 after the Cambodian prime minister was confirmed positive.

The Office of the Press Secretary (OPS) said in a statement on Tuesday that Marcos got himself tested as a part of the protocol for the upcoming Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (Apec) summit in Bangkok, Thailand.

“The President had himself tested as part of the health protocol for the APEC Summit in Bangkok, Thailand,” OPS said.

“He also instructed members of the official delegation to Cambodia to have themselves tested,” he added.

The measures came after it was announced that Cambodian Prime Minister HE tested positive for COVID-19. HE was present during the 40th and 41st Asean summits in Cambodia, which Marcos attended.

OPS said that Marcos has extended his well wishes to HE.
https://globalnation.inquirer.net/20836 ... s-positive
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »