Runner-up snatched the crown off the winner

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Milord
Expatriate
Canada

Runner-up snatched the crown off the winner

Post by Milord »

She was shocked to learn that Beauty Contests are Fixed.

‘I wanted to express my disapproval’: Runner-up snatches crown off winner during Miss Amazonas pageant

RIO DE JANEIRO — A Brazilian beauty pageant took a bizarre turn when the first runner-up snatched the crown off the winner of the Miss Amazonas contest, refusing to accept her loss.

Sheislane Hayalla is justifying her reaction by claiming her rival, Carol Toledo, bought the title. Pageant organizers could not be reached for comment.

“I wanted to express my disapproval of the actions shown in preparation of Miss Amazonas 2015. I don’t regret having protested,” she wrote in a message posted on her Facebook page Saturday night. “I wanted something clean and honest.”

At the crowning ceremony late Friday, Hayalla initially hugged her opponent as the winner’s name was announced. Seconds later, as a woman adjusted the crown onto Toledo’s hair, Hayalla stepped forward to snatch the tiara violently from her head and throw it onto the stage before storming away while the crowd applauded. She did not respond to a request for comment.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/02 ... s-pageant/

Well now it looks like they'll have to recalculate those poise point totals ...and she can kiss goodbye any shot of the Miss Congeniality Award!
Damn, just when I was starting to agree with the idea that the world would be so much better off if women were in charge. Back to the drawing board.