$50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: $50 - $100 for bar girls. What am I missing?

Post by Big Daikon »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:07 am
Big Daikon wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:20 am
truffledog wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:59 am And by far the most boring in bed. I hope others made a better experience.
My experience has varied wildly. Some Japanese girls are maguro (dull in bed), others were wild and others were simply compliant.
i was taken advantage of by an older divorced woman for awhile when i was " teaching " in japan
she wasnt my type and i wouldnt have picked her if i had a choice , but like apizza ,
not so good aint that bad . and cant complain about a woman who pays your way .
I never even thought about her until just now .. its a good thing for her she wasnt fat ,
i have to draw the line with fatsos
I have had decent experiences with Japanese women over 35 or 40. They typically age well and are experienced with men. Unless they are hell-bent on getting remarried, they can be fun, casual gfs.

Your experience sounds less pleasant.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

newkidontheblock wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:45 am Hey, NiziU (Japanese girl group) is my favorite so far. They sing light, happy songs to keep me awake and focused. Perfect for the 4 am drive to work.
That would be the last thing i need , I play rain and ocean sounds to make me ( try ) to sleep 😴
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

My experience has varied wildly. Some Japanese girls are maguro (dull in bed), others were wild and others were simply compliant.
[/quote]

i was taken advantage of by an older divorced woman for awhile when i was " teaching " in japan
she wasnt my type and i wouldnt have picked her if i had a choice , but like apizza ,
not so good aint that bad . and cant complain about a woman who pays your way .
I never even thought about her until just now .. its a good thing for her she wasnt fat ,
i have to draw the line with fatsos
[/quote]

I have had decent experiences with Japanese women over 35 or 40. They typically age well and are experienced with men. Unless they are hell-bent on getting remarried, they can be fun, casual gfs.

Your experience sounds less pleasant.
[/quote]

Like I said , about bad pizza , I can enjoy anyway
I’m not handsome enuf to be a butterfly ,
But experiencing love hotels wasn’t UNpleasant .
I also enjoyed some torukos and swimming in dogo onsen ..
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Nothing wrong with maguro tuna , i not hoshii or want any daikon ashii legs.

You can have the plumbers , give me the skinny Minnie’s
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

* plumpers , not plumbers
พิซออนเดอรูฟ
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:27 am Like I said , about bad pizza , I can enjoy anyway
I’m not handsome enuf to be a butterfly ,
But experiencing love hotels wasn’t UNpleasant .
I also enjoyed some torukos and swimming in dogo onsen ..
Agreed.

When I was younger, I had a lot of fun in rural Japan. Love the country gals.

Disagree with second point. Curvy Japanese girls are awesome!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

I love the Japan discussion.

Getting back to the OP's question. I am going to drop a truth bomb here.

If you catch a bargirl in a mood to be fully candid (very unlikely), she will say that a lot of customers talk utter nonsense to them.

Westerners (men and women) love to devote their social chat to expressing and comparing their prejudices about a huge range of issues - sport, politics, business, drives of a particular model of car, music styles etc. We find it necessary and desirable to have an opinion about everything under the sun. We call these our values and we call someone a friend if they share similar prejudices. Some prejudices (anything negative about anyone that is based on their race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender choice etc) are against the law in the West so if we express them we are putting ourselves at risk of ostracism or even prosecution back home and we will mostly be circumspect about these areas.

Some of us talk to bargirls like they were fully subscribed members of this style of social chat. They are not, they have a totally different style of social chat that is infinitely less in your head and wordie.. We rabbit on about this stuff and they will politely nod their heads and hardly understand a word of it. If her English is good enough to grasp the meaning, she will be quite certain the guy is a total numptie with a head full of utter bollocks. She will be astounded that someone who does suffer from the number one cause of unhappiness in Cambodia (lack of money) somehow manages to make himself miserable.

Bargirls want to like us. That ‘s how they earn. They’ve read the job description and for most of them this will include being barfined. They are also mostly prejudiced in favour of white guys.

So, all in all, it’s difficult to put them off but you can do so by talking as described above. Other ways are to be too direct and/or premature when raising the topic of taking matters further. Or dressing badly. Or smelling bad. Or getting too drunk, especially if this draws out unattractive characteristics. Or being a mean bastard. Or never smiling.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Interesting post but shouldn't this day "someone who doesn't suffer..."
She will be astounded that someone who does suffer from the number one cause of unhappiness in Cambodia (lack of money) somehow manages to make himself miserable.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
sammycooke
Expatriate
Canada

Post by sammycooke »

A word of caution: Back in the day I picked up a street walker in Phnom Penh and when we went to her choice of cheap hotel she started smoking ice. I was horrified. Then she had to leave for a short period some reason and left her gear in the room.

I wasn't sure what to do but she returned about 10 minutes later. I left almost immediately.

I'm convinced that she was setting me up for a bust and a big pay day.
ego bibere nimis
Expatriate
Australia

Post by ego bibere nimis »

RafTig wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 3:13 am Hi guys.

What's the deal with the girl scene here? I walked around some of the bars and no one would budge below $50 for ST.

Before anyone says I'm an old slob that deserves a premium, I'm traveling around and was in Thailand before, where in Pattaya I'd pay what ends up being $26 - $30 for a freelancer, and $26 with a $6ish bar fine at the clubs.

Am I just spoilt by Pattaya? I wasn't approaching any gogo level talent, nor frankly saw it at all.

I'm all for the girls getting the best deal they can, but it just seemed like they were all sitting around waiting for the seemingly non existent customer to arrive.

What am I missing here? Are they not willing to put in the "work" as much as the Thai? Do they not need the money as much?

After reading that you could get ST for $30 I was ready to take a girl home every night of my stay, give the $10 to the bar and another $10 in drinks for myself and the girl, and probably have her back in an hour to sit around and do nothing for the rest of the night.
"What am I missing here?" A sense of reality and any form of pride. Apart from that, not much.
You know that tingly little feeling you get when you really like someone? That's common sense leaving your body.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic