Anti Littering Campaign

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Anti Littering Campaign

Post by Equinix »

Username Taken wrote:
Equinix wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:56 pm
Username Taken wrote:
Equinix wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:16 pm
Alex wrote:In Phnom Penh I saw signs saying something like, "A cleaner Cambodia starts with you". I like that slogan.
Could put that on the bottom of the page.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
Why put it at the bottom?
I'd put it at the top to catch their attention.
Could do but wouldn't the following order make more sense.

4 cartoons explaining that littering makes the flooding worse. With the last cartoon showing happy people with a clean street (They'll hopefully understand the cartoon and connect to dots)

And after say

*a cleaner Cambodia starts with you*

What would make sense is for you to get in touch with those who are already working on a cleaner Cambodia. Share your ideas with them.
Hence i started this thread Image

Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bluenose wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:43 pm
Equinix wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:37 pm
Bluenose wrote:If you were to ask the average Cambodian on the street to rank their worries and concerns in life, where do you reckon litter would come?
Ask them if they like the flooding during the rainy season Image

Just did a quick lunchtime straw poll in the office - while they don't like it, it's not a major worry, just something that happens anyway as far as they are concerned.
Which actually demonstrates apathy, rather than whether it’s a major concern.
For the most part, it’s a change of habits.

If you were to ask most Cambodians how it could be made better, they likely haven’t taken much time to think about. That includes the big important blokes in uniforms.
cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

mannanman wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:27 am Already being done. You'll find the pile of rubbish underneath the signs, it's like a magnet for trash.

Start with the kids at school. They will teach the parents.
It needs to be in the curriculum but will take 10+ years.
It will take at least a decade to get rid of this nasty habit like urinating in the street.
Boredom is like a shroud
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

cabron wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 8:20 pm
mannanman wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:27 am Already being done. You'll find the pile of rubbish underneath the signs, it's like a magnet for trash.

Start with the kids at school. They will teach the parents.
It needs to be in the curriculum but will take 10+ years.
It will take at least a decade to get rid of this nasty habit like urinating in the street.
Oh come on now. All cities have issues with people pissing and shitting in the streets, I can’t say I’ve seen anyone doing the latter, apart from that homeless barang.

What other “nasty habits” don’t you like about the locals?
People of the world, spice up your life.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic