Cambodian Filmmaker Chosen for Talents Tokyo 2022

Have questions or resources regarding Khmer Culture? This forum is all about the Kingdom of Cambodia's culture. Khmer language, Cambodian weddings, French influence, Cambodian architecture, Cambodian politics, Khmer customs, etc? This is the place. Living in Cambodia can cause you to experience a whole new level of culture shock, so feel free to talk about all things related to the Khmer people, and their traditions. And if you want something in Khmer script translated into English, you will probably find what you need.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Cambodian Filmmaker Chosen for Talents Tokyo 2022

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodian filmmaker selected for Tokyo event
Publication date 02 November 2022 | 20:28 ICT
Photo - https://www.72dragonsmedia.com/reportin ... pich-rithy
Rithy Lomorpich, filmmaker and founder of the Plerng Kob arts-based social enterprise, was selected to participate in Talents Tokyo 2022, a talent building and networking event for the film industry. The event is running in Tokyo from October 31 to November 5.

The event features 15 talented and energetic young directors and filmmakers from Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Japan, South Korea, Myanmar, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.

The young filmmakers will exchange knowledge with each other, and will have the opportunity to meet with four leading figures of the film industry –Singaporean director Anthony Chen, Thai-Hong Kong filmmaker Raymond Phathanavirangoon, Chinese sales expert Xie Meng and Florian Weghorn, a German curator of film festivals. The four luminaries will share their years of experience with the emerging stars.

Lomorpich, a young director, said from Tokyo that she was happy to be there, and very excited to have been selected to participate.

She said that each of the participants is in the process of developing a feature film. It was hoped that the Talents Tokyo event – with its expert guests – would provide the additional guidance the young filmmakers needed to ensure successful, high quality productions.

“By joining Talents Tokyo, I think I am closer to further developing my second feature film. I have the chance to connect with overseas producer networks here – which means I am that much closer to gaining financial support for the movie. I think it is about time I produced my second feature. My first &Young Love&, was released in 2018.

She reiterated what an honour it was to be the only Cambodian filmmaker who was selected for this year’s event. The director hoped to come away with a wide range of overseas connections, from producers, directors, film distributors to investors in the industry.
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/lifestyle ... okyo-event
Last edited by CEOCambodiaNews on Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodian Filmmaker Chosen for Talents Tokyo 2022

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

What is "Talents Tokyo" ?

Introduction of Talents Tokyo 2022:
During the 6 days of the 23rd TOKYO FILMeX held from October 31 to November 5, 2022, the talent development and networking program “Talents Tokyo 2022” will bring together 15 upcoming promising filmmakers and producers. They will receive lectures from film experts at the forefront of cinema who will share their experiences as a professional.

Each participant will bring one developing project which four main experts and other local industry professionals will analyze on its various aspects, such as directing, producing and investment viability.
As the main event of the program, participant will publicly present his/her own project which will be eligible for the Talents Tokyo Award. This program aims to inspire promising filmmakers to develop their voices and become the “Next Masters”.

The program will be conducted through the supervision of the Tokyo Metropolitan Government, Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture) and the Talents Tokyo Organizing Committee, in cooperation with Berlinale Talents and in collaboration with GOETHE-INSTITUT Tokyo.

Outline of Talents Tokyo 2022:

Title: Talents Tokyo 2022

Dates: From October 31 to November 5, 2022
(6 days during the TOKYO FILMeX 2022)

Venue: Yurakucho Asahi Hall, etc.

Organizers:
Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
Talents Tokyo Organizing Committee

In Cooperation with: Berlinale Talents
In Collaboration with: GOETHE-INSTITUT Tokyo

Official home page: https://talents-tokyo.jp/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic