Ordering from Amazon. com?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Ordering from Amazon. com?

Post by xandreu »

Old8404 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:20 am And Cambo Quick is hassle free - they do all the customs clearance
Every time I've ordered anything myself (not through CamboQuick), the supplier arranged all customs duties etc. I simply had to pick the item up when it arrived.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xandreu wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:22 am I've ordered a few things and never had an issue. Usually arrives before the stated delivery date, although the carrier often changes mid-route for some strange reason (Carrier might start off as Fed-Ex but change to DHL for example)

I'm not entirely sure what the point of CamboQuick is, unless you need something that no-one will ship to Cambodia.
Many vendors on Amazon and eBay won't ship to cambo. Or, if ordering ten small items and they all ship separately the cost can exceed value of items

This is where cambo quick become useful, or do as hanno mentioned and open a myus.com po box in the states where one can consolidate smaller packs into one larger package to save money
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

xandreu wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:24 am
Old8404 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:20 am And Cambo Quick is hassle free - they do all the customs clearance
Every time I've ordered anything myself (not through CamboQuick), the supplier arranged all customs duties etc. I simply had to pick the item up when it arrived.
Nah, they just didn't charge you any duty.

Typically if a box both weighs less than 15kg and has a value less than $200 they don't touch it
joelightcloud
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by joelightcloud »

dave the wave wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:39 am Does it arrive on time? Any problems? I need new shoes.
I use Camboquick all the time, your best bet for Amazon. But.. Why would you not just have shoes made especially for you, the style you want for a cheaper price. Would suggest you check out Beautiful Shoes https://www.facebook.com/BeautifulShoeSyPhal/
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Worth checking out desertcart and ebay as some items can be found there that are not on Amazon and occasionally cheaper
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

CamboQuick let you order from multiple USA online rertailers, not just Amazon. So you can shop around for the best price. From my experiemce, Amazon is rarely the best deal.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

joelightcloud wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:35 am
dave the wave wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:39 am Does it arrive on time? Any problems? I need new shoes.
I use Camboquick all the time, your best bet for Amazon. But.. Why would you not just have shoes made especially for you, the style you want for a cheaper price. Would suggest you check out Beautiful Shoes https://www.facebook.com/BeautifulShoeSyPhal/
If you want to look like a character from Goodfellas.

Image]

armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:37 am

Beautiful Shoes also make plain styles from normal leather, and at lower prices than these.
They obviously saw you as a man of wealth and style, like Clarence Carter, singer of Looking For a Fox.

Got a brand new pin stripe suit of clothes
Big wide polka-dot tie
Cuff links as big as j-bird eggs
And look at that, shoes made out of alligator hide
Well say something else here
I'm ripe and ready and hot to trot
Girl you can get anything I got
I got the money if you got the time
All you gotta do is gimme a sign
Lookee hear
I'm looking for a fox
I'm looking for a fox
I'm looking for a fox
(howl).

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:41 am
Doc67 wrote: Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:37 am

Beautiful Shoes also make plain styles from normal leather, and at lower prices than these.
They obviously saw you as a man of wealth and style, like Clarence Carter, singer of Looking For a Fox.

Got a brand new pin stripe suit of clothes
Big wide polka-dot tie
Cuff links as big as j-bird eggs
And look at that, shoes made out of alligator hide
Well say something else here
I'm ripe and ready and hot to trot
Girl you can get anything I got
I got the money if you got the time
All you gotta do is gimme a sign
Lookee hear
I'm looking for a fox
I'm looking for a fox
I'm looking for a fox
(howl).

I just got the images from Facebook.

I get my shoes from the UK or Italy. The shoes here are simply ttagic.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic